Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ATTENTION!! For all you media whores!!!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Never will so much be said by so many with so little to say.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Surely no more of a horror than the current match day programme, complete with Daily Star and Sun guest contributors?

True, maybe the club are trying to find anyone resembling a professional writer to save them.

The "calling budding journalists" part might be ok if they were to vet the applicants and try and actually find people whose careers would benefit from it. The whole culture of giving people who clearly haven't got the ability space is killing the industry. You wouldn't find someone who isn't qualified trying to plumb, so why do people who can't write do it? Drives me mad when there are so many good journos out of work.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The "calling budding journalists" part might be ok if they were to vet the applicants and try and actually find people whose careers would benefit from it. The whole culture of giving people who clearly haven't got the ability space is killing the industry. You wouldn't find someone who isn't qualified trying to plumb, so why do people who can't write do it? Drives me mad when there are so many good journos out of work.

Amen to all that. With my union hat on, it is EXPLOITATIVE and abusing FREE LABOUR, like the wholesale abuse of the work experience/intern system elsewhere. If it's good enough to go in, it's good enough to be worth payment.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
True, maybe the club are trying to find anyone resembling a professional writer to save them.

So you're saying programme content is provided by people that can't write?

Blogging is doing more harm. Personally, I'm not interested in someone's opinion - in print/websites - if they cannot articulate their thoughts.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
So you're saying programme content is provided by people that can't write?

Blogging is doing more harm. Personally, I'm not interested in someone's opinion - in print/websites - if they cannot articulate their thoughts.

Yeah, agreed on the blogs. Ties in with the attitude that everyone thinks they've got something interesting to say. Most of us are really incredibly boring.

Do you think the programme content is good quality?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Yeah, agreed on the blogs. Ties in with the attitude that everyone thinks they've got something interesting to say. Most of us are really incredibly boring.

This place being an excellent case in point.

Do you think the programme content is good quality?

On the whole, yes. Some bits could be better, but overall it is a good read, in my humble opinion.

Compared to other clubs' publications, it's very good.

Normal Rob, thank you for completely and unequivocally proving my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here