Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ATTENTION EXPATS - Brighton vs. Donny is being Televised. Links will be findable.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
being one of the aforementioned expats, i've quite a bit of experience of searching out streams of UK sporting events. one thing i've found out over the past few years is that, if you can't find a link to the event (i.e. Brighton v Doncaster), search for streams of the channels that are showing it - some people stream certain channels 24/7 without any reference to the specific event being shown. so, if you can't find the game, search for streams of the following channels which are confirmed to be showing it:

Sport2 (Hungary) Sport TV | Műsorújság
Fox Soccer Plus (USA) Fox Soccer Channel TV Schedule, Programming Listings for the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Serie A, Ligue 1, and MLS - FoxSoccer.com on MSN
Goal TV (Asia) goal TV
Sport Klub (Serbia) Programska šema | Sport Klub
Setanta (Canada) Channel listings | Setanta

i’ll add any other channels we find to the list.

the above links should be useful later in the season for finding out which saturday afternoon game is being shown live around the world…

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I'm up for it - do you know if it's definitely on at Central Bar. Nevada Smiths are screening it.

http://www.nevadasmiths.net/football/fix.htm

It seems weird that you can watch it live in the States but it's not on TV in the UK

Spanner has been thrown in the works ! Still not sure if I can make it yet - have a hospital appt that morning I'm hoping to move - will let you know

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Spanner has been thrown in the works ! Still not sure if I can make it yet - have a hospital appt that morning I'm hoping to move - will let you know

OK - Just make sure they are showing it at the hospital !

fireseagull

Aug 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Not to derail the thread, but a quick question for ex-pats in the States - would there be any interest in forming something of a North American Albion Supporters' Club? Might help us all find each other around the country. With more games being shown on TV now there's more chance of groups gathering in forming in the major cities to watch games and get to know each other as we're seeing discussed here.

I may seem new around here (2 posts!), but I've been an Albion fan since the 80s, regular at the Goldstone throughout my teenage years. Moved to Chicago in 2000, been lurking on here (and had an old username I forgot at some point) for a long time.

I'd be happy to help get this going if there's interest from even a few people.

I don't think anything like this exists currently, but correct me if I'm wrong. I know there was an old Facebook group for Albion fans here but it's been dormant for over two years...is there anything else?

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Im in for it ! happy to help where I can - plus I have a number of contacts within the club that can help with tickets and stadium tours for if/when your back in Brighton

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Know the Pig City boys are going to watch it at the Olde Ship,Orange County at 7am!!!!!

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Sounds a good idea. There are more and more Albion fans working in / visiting the States each year. There must be 50 to a 100 of us living in the States and Canada that post on NSC plus all the ones who don't. There are already plenty of supporter groups for the plastic teams – Man U, Spurs etc, about time we had one for a proper club.

mchaney

mick.seagulls
Jul 26, 2004
Kitchener (Canada)
Just checked Setanta Canada are showing the game live at 10am Eastern, there is a God after all!!!!

I went over for the weekend for the Spurs game...trust me if they play as good as they did then (other than the 3 mistakes letting in the 3 goals) I will be worth watching.....I am now totally pumped for Sat as I can watch this on Setanta.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I found this will wasting some time at work

9:55am Eastern Time - Brighton vs. Doncaster - live. Fox Soccer Plus

Fox Soccer Channel TV Schedule, Programming Listings for the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Serie A, Ligue 1, and MLS - FoxSoccer.com on MSN

Can. Not. Wait.
They will indeed be showing it live. For those outside the USA who want to sign up to Fox soccer live just use a USA ip (vpn) and once signed in disconnect from the vpn and get your full internet speed so theres no buffering. I think its about $20 a month worth it as theres so much Prem,championship live matches and should we do well in the FA cup they will be showing that too. I live in Cyprus so this is a close as i can get to the amex for now.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
They will indeed be showing it live. For those outside the USA who want to sign up to Fox soccer live just use a USA ip (vpn) and once signed in disconnect from the vpn and get your full internet speed so theres no buffering. I think its about $20 a month worth it as theres so much Prem,championship live matches and should we do well in the FA cup they will be showing that too. I live in Cyprus so this is a close as i can get to the amex for now.

"just use a USA ip (vpn) and once signed in disconnect from the vpn and get your full internet speed so theres no buffering" - excuse my ignorance but could you explain to me how you do this (in simple terms). Cheers in advance.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
@ chief wiggum
A vpn setup will basically tunnel your internet traffic through another countries server making it appear that you are in another country. Google uk/usa vpn. Strongvpn and vpnaccounts are two that i recommend, they charge about a tenner a month but if your outside the uk like me its priceless if you want to watch british/american tv. BBC iplayer, ITV player etc in the UK will work just fine and Hulu, ABC player etc in USA. They are easy to set up and are not illegal but they will not give you your full internet speed. For example i have a 12mb connection but using the vpn i only get around 4mb which can cause buffering. So once you have logged in to say sky player(sky go) using the uk vpn and started to watch something then disconnect the vpn so that you can get your original speed. As most of the tv sites only detect your ip and location when you first login.(with the exception of bbc iplayer). It may sound complicated but is quite simple and is the only way us expats can watch tv outside uk/usa etc. Hope this helps.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Not to derail the thread, but a quick question for ex-pats in the States - would there be any interest in forming something of a North American Albion Supporters' Club? Might help us all find each other around the country. With more games being shown on TV now there's more chance of groups gathering in forming in the major cities to watch games and get to know each other as we're seeing discussed here.

I may seem new around here (2 posts!), but I've been an Albion fan since the 80s, regular at the Goldstone throughout my teenage years. Moved to Chicago in 2000, been lurking on here (and had an old username I forgot at some point) for a long time.

I'd be happy to help get this going if there's interest from even a few people.

I don't think anything like this exists currently, but correct me if I'm wrong. I know there was an old Facebook group for Albion fans here but it's been dormant for over two years...is there anything else?

If you need any help in doing this then just send me a message and I'll let you know how I went about setting up Seagulls Downunder here in OZ. It's been going for a year now and we have 115 members of which 107 are on our facebook page. This page is only for Albion fans here but I also set up a Brighton & Hove Albion Australian Supporters Club one that anyone around the world can add to their like pages, I did this because I had many trying to join the SDU one from the UK but thought I'd keep it just for those in OZ & NZ.
Going back to the topic, I'm still looking for it live on the net here in OZ and normally MYP2P would show feeds from the States but it seems not this time.
If you have any ideas then would be pleased to hear them.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Rather than mess around with VPNs and Proxies, might just be easier to use LiveOnlineFooty.com £6 for 2 months, and they're very responsive to putting games on if there's a stream available. I've used them for 2 years now without any problem whatsoever, and often an HD stream.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
If you need any help in doing this then just send me a message and I'll let you know how I went about setting up Seagulls Downunder here in OZ. It's been going for a year now and we have 115 members of which 107 are on our facebook page. This page is only for Albion fans here but I also set up a Brighton & Hove Albion Australian Supporters Club one that anyone around the world can add to their like pages, I did this because I had many trying to join the SDU one from the UK but thought I'd keep it just for those in OZ & NZ.
Going back to the topic, I'm still looking for it live on the net here in OZ and normally MYP2P would show feeds from the States but it seems not this time.
If you have any ideas then would be pleased to hear them.

if you really can't find a link and don't mind spending a little bit of money try streamprotv.

I forget how much a year subscription is but you can also get a 24 hour thing for around 2 pound 50. As said above, setanta canada are shoing thegame and streamprotv streams setanta canada 24 hours a day 7 days a week as far as I can see.

It's a very high quality stream site, not 100%, what is, but I pay for it and think it's worth it.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
@ Cypriot-Seagull - thanks for explaining. All clear now, it was the terminology I was having problems with. Sure you know this one already, but I use 'expatshield' in order to watch BBC i-player here in France. Free and works very well. No good for the footy though, so shall be trying some of the recommendations on here. Thanks again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here