Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attention Builders

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We have a chalet bungalow type thingy with huge rendering to the walls and water is currently cascading down inside the brickwork/rendering and pouring out through the gap above the front door

We think its getting in through the windowsill on the first floor above the front door!!!!

HELP!!!!!!

What about calling a plumber/builder rather than posting on a Brighton and Hove Albion Forum?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What about calling a plumber/builder rather than posting on a Brighton and Hove Albion Forum?

because so far thanks to the help of various people on here, I have found a brilliant decorator, someone helped me sort out a braodband issue and I found a decent brikkie.

Yes I could have looked in the phone book, but if there is a fellow albion fan who we can mutually help each other, ie him doingh the work and me paying for it, then I for one will be very happy

Sometimes i wonder if the only reason people come on here is to have a wind up at people...get a f***ing life.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Serious point Dave. Have a look at the programme for the friends of the Albion people. Should find someone there if SamsDad can't help. :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Our house isnt a chalet bungalow, it's got 2 floors and is semi-detatched!!!

A bungalow (Gujarati: બંગલો baṅglo, Hindi: बंगला baṅglā) is a type of single-story house that originated in India. The word derives from the Gujarati word baṅglo, which in turn came from Hindi baṅglā. It means "Bengali", used elliptically for a "house in the Bengal style".[1] Such houses were traditionally small, only one story, thatched and had a wide veranda.[2] Bungalows today are a type of house that is usually single story or one and a half stories, and can be quite large.

In India, the term bungalow refers to any single-family unit (i.e., a house), as opposed to an apartment building, which is the norm for Indian middle-class city living. The Indian usage is different from the North American usage insofar as a bungalow can be a quite large, multi-storied building which houses a single extended family. In India, owning a bungalow is a highly significant status symbol.

In Singapore and Malaysia, the term bungalow were originally made popular by the British who popularize this building typology ( though the British use of Bungalow strictly refers to single-storey houses ). It is now used to refer to a detached, single family residential dwelling usually of two to three storey with its own compound.

In South Africa, the term bungalow never refers to a residential house but means a small holiday house, a small log house or a wooden beach house.

From my own prespective a Chalet Bungalow is a bungalow that has a converted loft but still retaing the a bathroom & wc on the ground floor hope that helps:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here