Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendences at Withdean

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Attendances at Withdean

Why was our biggest ever attendance given as 6,922 against Cardiff on 10th February 2001? This is 4 years ago.

Yorkie said in another thread she believes 40 seats have to be left unsold throughout the ground... with the capacity at 6,973 does that mean we have NEVER had a full house at Withdean?

I know most games are a SELL OUT but this seems to show that a few hundred people are missing at EVERY game.

Where are those missing few hundred people? I really can't see that many empty seats in the South Stand from where I sit over in the North.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Okay away fans won't sell out every week, true. But even when they DO we still don't sell out.

Take the Gillingham game, they sold 755 tickets (5 more than the official away allocation...) and the attendance was 6,420. That means 553 people didn't turn up. With 5000 season ticket holders that equates to 10% of them not turning up? Hmm.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think the attendance yesterday was 300 below capacity (announced over the tannoy) even though it was sold out. At £20 a ticket thats £6000. Over a season (23 games) thats £138000. It would help so much if we could fill every seat.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
So where are these missing seats? Why is Cardiff STILL the biggest game at Withdean? Okay, you won't reach the magic 6,973 figure unless the away fans have the whole of the away block but I can't believe so many fans just don't turn up...?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
People could be ill at the last minute, have to attend some family do or other (even visit family in hospital) or have to work and not able to sell their ticket (not everyone has internet)

The older fans may even decide it is too cold or wet on the day.
The club still has the money but the actual person hasn't gone through the turnstile.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
There are also the corporate tickets that if people do not turn up are left empty.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yorkie said:
People could be ill at the last minute, have to attend some family do or other (even visit family in hospital) or have to work and not able to sell their ticket (not everyone has internet)

The older fans may even decide it is too cold or wet on the day.
The club still has the money but the actual person hasn't gone through the turnstile.

I think the ticket owner can give it back to the club to re-sell based on what Insider said a while back. Extra money for the club.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
There must be about 30 (including carers) in the disabled area - They'd have been allocated an actual seat, i'm sure???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rangdo said:
I think the attendance yesterday was 300 below capacity (announced over the tannoy) even though it was sold out. At £20 a ticket thats £6000. Over a season (23 games) thats £138000. It would help so much if we could fill every seat.

Likewise, that is a £20,500 saving on VAT, not that I am suggesting anything but its possible one of the turnstiles isn't working properly.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
gazwag said:
Likewise, that is a £20,500 saving on VAT, not that I am suggesting anything but its possible one of the turnstiles isn't working properly.

One of the downsides to playing in a dump like Withdean I guess :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My mate left for his ski holiday on Saturday and couldn't find anyone that wanted his ticket, so that's 1 accounted for.

He's still away this saturday, but I am happy to impart the news that Mrs Pasty is coming to footy.

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here