Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance tonight

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
so we take 33,000 to the old Wembley for a play off against Notts County, nearly 30,000 to a match in Wales, yet we're only gonna take 15,000 - 20,000to a match an hour away by train in one of the largest and newest stadia in Europe?

Quite simply, yes.

Play off finals and the like are always going to bring people out. Almost no one cares about the JPT, its quite simply an almost pointless competion. It certainly won't bring out too many of the glory hunters.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Glory hunter
If I was a glory hunter I wouldn't be a Brighton fan!:D

But yes, these days I AM a fairweather fan and a Big Game Charlie and I make no apology for that. We're the ones the club are going to need to fill Falmer - and also to fill Wembley for the JPT so that it isn't just 2,3000 STHs rattling around the Albion end.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite simply, yes.

Play off finals and the like are always going to bring people out. Almost no one cares about the JPT, its quite simply an almost pointless competion. It certainly won't bring out too many of the glory hunters.
You're wrong. We'll have 30,000 at Wembley if we get there, maybe more depending on ticket prices. New stadium, decent day out, not far away.

Jamon Jamon was talking about the 33,000 we took for our last trip to Wembley and those were the days when our support was awful (10,000 average for championship level that season!) and Wembley was a dump. I see no reason why we can't replicate that level of support for our first visit to the rebuilt stadium, even if it is for this mediocre competition.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You're wrong. We'll have 30,000 at Wembley if we get there, maybe more depending on ticket prices. New stadium, decent day out, not far away.

Jamon Jamon was talking about the 33,000 we took for our last trip to Wembley and those were the days when our support was awful (10,000 average for championship level that season!) and Wembley was a dump. I see no reason why we can't replicate that level of support for our first visit to the rebuilt stadium, even if it is for this mediocre competition.

That 33,000 was for promotion to the premiership - 10,000 average for the championship is considerably better than what we got a Withdean the last two times round (we didn't even sell out a lot of games I seem to remember). I honestly don't think you can compare play off finals to the JPT despite it being at Wembley.

The attendance last year was 56,000, of which I seem to remember MK Dons managed to sell a ridiculous amounts of tickets. Hopefully we have this problem though, we still have to beat Shrewsbury and Luton/Colchester to get there!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I take your point about the level we were playing in 1990 but this is a different era. To be honest, arguing over how many we'd take to Wembley is pointless really, given that we might not get there and in any case, we don't know the prices - I think this is very much a game where ticket prices will have a bearing on attendance.

And yeah, I think MK sold about 38,000 didn't they?

Anyway I realise I'm in the minority but I do quite like the paint pot. It's a trophy where every team entering can harbour ambitions of winning it. Certainly no worse than the league cup where full prices are charged, we have no chance of winning it, and even when you do beat a decent side like Man City, there are still people who point out that the opposition didn't take it seriously enough to field their strongest side.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I take your point about the level we were playing in 1990 but this is a different era. To be honest, arguing over how many we'd take to Wembley is pointless really, given that we might not get there and in any case, we don't know the prices - I think this is very much a game where ticket prices will have a bearing on attendance.

And yeah, I think MK sold about 38,000 didn't they?

Anyway I realise I'm in the minority but I do quite like the paint pot. It's a trophy where every team entering can harbour ambitions of winning it. Certainly no worse than the league cup where full prices are charged, we have no chance of winning it, and even when you do beat a decent side like Man City, there are still people who point out that the opposition didn't take it seriously enough to field their strongest side.

Yeah I think the sold something like that. I'm one of the people who like the paint pot as well, im even tempted to go to Shrewsbury. Hopefully we get there as we cerainly have a good a chance as any now, would be nice to get something out of this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here