Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance at the first EVER game at Colchester Community Stadium

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hammond was drop yesterday as well.Oh and around a 1000 Hudddersfield fans were there so i'm told.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am amazed they could not sell 10,000 seats in a new stadium, they are talking of expanding it to 18,000 if they go up?

Is it possible it has not been fully built yet, especially if Huddersfield brought 1000. What was there average attendence last year at Layer Road.

They seem to have had a bit of a problem getting season tickets out, if this story from their official website is to be believed.

Season Tickets Hit The Doormat

Friday 15 August 2008

The clatter of letterboxes has brought good news for U's fans around the region on Friday as season ticket access card packages arrived at their destinations.

Many supporters have already been in touch to say their envelopes had arrived and it is hoped that everyone will have their cards in time for Saturday's opener against Huddersfield.

What if my package doesn't turn up in the next two days?

If you find that your season ticket access card package doesn't turn up on Friday or Saturday, you are asked to call the Ticket Office on Saturday morning before 12pm.

The Ticket Office staff will then organise for a duplicate ticket to be issued for your seat, which will allow you into Saturday's game.

How different from the home life of our own dear club.

Colchester season tickets are a bit pricey.

Adult charges range from £390 for the worst seats, if bought early, up to £598 for the best seats bought late.

PLUS £10 (pre-booked) a game to park your car (or £230 for a car parking season ticket).

I guess there must be some folk who think between £620 and £828 a season for a season ticket and car parking space is a price worth paying.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
PLUS £10 (pre-booked) a game to park your car (or £230 for a car parking season ticket).

I've been past the new ground and it looks to be built out of town. This probably means there is no parking to be found in local streets and all fans will cop for this £10. :shrug:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A new stadium and we still get a bigger crowd at Withers. How could they afford Gillespie?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Joke club, joke fans, joke stadium. The fact that Hammond moved from BHAFC to that proves he's interested in one thing, and one thing only: money. Any footballer with even a hint of ambition would regard Colchester as a BIG step down from us.

Not a joke club if their chairman starts putting serious money in but he hasn't so far and i don't think he ever will. They won't improve the gates without getting promotion and i can't see that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Joke club, joke fans, joke stadium. The fact that Hammond moved from BHAFC to that proves he's interested in one thing, and one thing only: money. Any footballer with even a hint of ambition would regard Colchester as a BIG step down from us.

The plain fact is that as a professional footballer Hammond has a right to earn as much as he can. A pro's career doesn't last that long and he can't be blamed for trying to make as much money as he can while he can.

After all, if you were offered a better paid job in a smaller organisation would you turn it down ?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Luton used the same tactic this time last year. Spent loads and paid good wages and now they are.....?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not a joke club if their chairman starts putting serious money in but he hasn't so far and i don't think he ever will. They won't improve the gates without getting promotion and i can't see that.

Colchester want to be the southern equivalent of Darlington ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here