Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Att: 5,859.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps fans are just fed up with Withdean ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps the chants of "Shit Team, No Fans" had an element of truth in it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
dougdeep said:

Certainly the shit team was correct yesterday :lolol:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
dougdeep said:

Yeah but what were Stoke singing :D

Have to be honest and say I forced myself yesterday, glad I did, but it was a real struggle. For the reasons listed, yes sick of Withdean, looked like it was going to rain, absolutely meaningless game. But I'm a supporter, so alas little thing s like that wont stop me.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Lord Bracknell said:

But Scunthorpe v Blackpool got more than we did. Are Scunny a bigger club than us?

It's Sunday afternoon in Scunthorpe.

Shall we go to the Races,go into the seafront and pier,nip up to town?

Or shall we go to the football??

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I was waiting to pass something on to a fellow poster at half-time by the gates
and saw people arriving after the kick off because their ticket said 3 pm kick off

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Traffic was a nightmare on the M25 down the M23. By the time I got past it all, parked up etc I would have been in the ground for the 20th minute. Listening to SCR and the avalanche of goals in the wrong net I'd travelled 175 miles to come and see, I changed my mind at pyecombe and with the wife and dog in tow decided to head for Ditchling Beacon and the Bull. We had a nice drink and an icecream on the downs instead. Now that part is an AONB. So thank you SCR, community radio at its best - key information relayed to avoid disappointment!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ned said:
I was waiting to pass something on to a fellow poster at half-time by the gates
and saw people arriving after the kick off because their ticket said 3 pm kick off

Yep TRIGGAAR did that too. :dunce: :lolol:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
People need to be entertained - yesterday the team were Shit, they did not know each other and had not heart or soul.

The team is what the punters "buy" into and it is not invetsed in so the fans will not invest their time or money

So, the reasons for the low attendence yesterday are:

Wrong time on the tickets
Crappy weather in the morning
Racing on in town too
Nothing to play for
Playing a team we never beat
Traffic so bad that they just couldn't get there on time

Also, Bank Holiday weekend, people decide to go away

I too was in two minds all morning whether or not to come. I wish I hadn't bothered now as the display we were treated too was insulting. I don't care whether the game is meaningless. I don't care that it's the last game of a grim season. I don't even care if we'd have lost IF the players had actually looked like it mattered to them. I've never seen a team, a few of which still don't know if they'll get a new contract, play so lethargically. If they can't be arsed then why the f*** should the fans bother to turn up and watch that shite.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Tom Hark said:
Today's attendance is what happens when you fail to invest in the team. Expect much more of the same next season. Keep on going down that same path and at some point the business plan WILL show that we don't need Falmer.

Your 2 well made points hit the mark perfectly.
Point 3 is Falmer will not resolve everything based on 5,800 yesterday as the gate will need to increases sizeably overnight to make us able to compete in Div 2 or (League 1 if you prefer), which it just won't , like flicking a switch.

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Downloaded Penguin said:
Rubbish. It was over 3,000 below capacity. I guarantee you that all the missing 3,000 were not at the racecourse today.

I think if we'd had to win today to stay up then Withdean would've been full. Today was the Albion hardcore, the ones that come regardless. It's always been around the 6k mark.
Agree, I travelled 150 miles round trip and have spent all season moaning at the shit we've had to endure, but BHA are my team so I'll always come. Also, take the Stoke support away from the attendance and you have a closer figure of our true support. Why do so many people think a new ground will treble this number if we are playing the same football.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
So, the reasons for the low attendence yesterday are:

Wrong time on the tickets

Did anyone actually turn up expecting a 3pm kick off?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
555kaz said:
Several people by all accounts, another club cock up ;)
rofl.gif

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
London Irish said:
5,800 I think was about the attendance that greeted Steve Coppell in his first game, post relegation - so par for the course. I expect about that or a little higher than that probably for our first home game of the season 2006-7.

6536 attended the game against QPR, the capacity at the time was 6900 odd.

Sunday's attendance must have been the lowest in the league since we played Wrexham at home in Nov 2003 which followed our 4-1 home defeat against Bristol City.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Downloaded Penguin said:
Did anyone actually turn up expecting a 3pm kick off?

the 2 next to me turned up at half time because they thought it was 3.00pm. Bit of luck for them really.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sorry, hardly the clubs fault that the football league changed all the kick offs to 1.30pm

I know they change it every year but when the fixtures came out it did say 3pm, so hence it did on the ticket.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Fragmented Badger said:
Just goes to prove that people will turn out for excitement in whatever division, but give them boring matches in the Championship and people aren't interested.

On the face of it that's a very weak argument. It's the sort of excuse our fans use to explain our woeful attendances, and in national terms it's nonsense. However, it may be true for Albion if your supporters are as fickle as ours (which I doubt).

All of the matches in the Championship this weekend were effectively meaningless, but plenty of them drew decent crowds all the same. The other two relegated sides played each other, and even that game drew a bigger attendance than the one at Withdean (Crewe v Millwall was 5,945).

Derby v Sheffield Wednesday was a 'boring Championship match.' Attendance? 30,391!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Problem is TLB that at the other clubs, especially teams like Sheff Wed and Derby there was probably that feeling of 'end of term', demob-happy optimism. You know how it is: "Ok, this season was shit but at least we didn't get relegated, here's to next season!" For us it was just another chance to watch a piss-poor team put in another piss-poor performance. We know we're on a downward path at the moment and we're not too sure when or where it's going to bottom out. It's very hard to work up any enthusiasm at the moment and I'm sure the players will agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here