Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Att: 5,859.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Next season's average do you think?...

At the other sporting event in Brighton today the racecourse was pretty much packed out for the first proper meeting of the season.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'm guessing the reason the attendance was so low today was because what was going on at the Racecourse.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
That and we had nothing to play for. It was raining most of the morning and a lot of people missed it as they could not be arsed due to the first 2 points.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Taylor159370 said:
I'm guessing the reason the attendance was so low today was because what was going on at the Racecourse.

Rubbish. It was over 3,000 below capacity. I guarantee you that all the missing 3,000 were not at the racecourse today.

I think if we'd had to win today to stay up then Withdean would've been full. Today was the Albion hardcore, the ones that come regardless. It's always been around the 6k mark.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Today's attendance is what happens when you fail to invest in the team. Expect much more of the same next season. Keep on going down that same path and at some point the business plan WILL show that we don't need Falmer.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I'm not suprised at all, there was nothing to play for and the weather was a bit iffy in the morning. I coudn't be arsed to spend 2 1/2 hours driving a 110 mile round trip to see a meaningless game. Bloody glad I didn't too! win a few next year and Withdean will be full every week, us gloryhunters always turn out when we're winning!

Todays attendance at Withdean was lower than all but two of yesterday's League One matches (only Colchester and Port Vale got less than us).

I cannot believe that MK Dons have more supporters than the Albion.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the attendance was swelled by the Kids for a Quid and the £15 anywhere offer. Unless lots of people bought tickets and didn't bother to turn up I doubt the weather had much affect.

5,800 I think was about the attendance that greeted Steve Coppell in his first game, post relegation - so par for the course. I expect about that or a little higher than that probably for our first home game of the season 2006-7.

Fragmented Badger said:
Well they don't, difference is MK Dons were playing Tranmere in a pivotal relegation match on the back of a great run of form. We were already down and playing Stoke. Just goes to prove that people will turn out for excitement in whatever division, but give them boring matches in the Championship and people aren't interested.
I understand what you are saying.

But Scunthorpe v Blackpool got more than we did. Are Scunny a bigger club than us?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There were a lot of gaps among the season ticket holders around me - I felt like a leper as the seats next me were completely empty.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Felt sorry for Dick Knight today.

Here he is, trying to attract fans, to raise more funds, to support the never-ending Falmer application.

And at the time of year when they're trying to persuade people to buy season tickets, the team go and play like that.

DOH!

1066gull

Downloaded Penguin said:
I think if we'd had to win today to stay up then Withdean would've been full. Today was the Albion hardcore, the ones that come regardless. It's always been around the 6k mark.
Thanks, I am now a hardcore fan:D

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Lord Bracknell said:
I understand what you are saying.

But Scunthorpe v Blackpool got more than we did. Are Scunny a bigger club than us?
I am sure you were fishing for the definition of a 'big club' I guess we are League Two size, until we move elsewhere. I can't see John Catt agreeing to a double decker stand!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here