Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere tonight - don't complain if.....

Would J Block-ers kindly not start singing 'Tell the Huddersfield to sit down' at the stewards tonight if the away supporters are standing? By all means get behind the team, let the stewards do their job.

But that's exactly one of the main issues about getting the atmosphere going - the stewards.

They vary from ground to ground and also within the same stadium with some parts being allowed to stand and others not. Orient was a case in point when we could stand all we like and none of this "they'll reduce our capacity" bollox.

Let the stewards use some common sense and only intervene if there is a 'real' issue and not just some people trying to have a good time.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
But that's exactly one of the main issues about getting the atmosphere going - the stewards.

They vary from ground to ground and also within the same stadium with some parts being allowed to stand and others not. Orient was a case in point when we could stand all we like and none of this "they'll reduce our capacity" bollox.

Let the stewards use some common sense and only intervene if there is a 'real' issue and not just some people trying to have a good time.

The difference with Orient was there were 2000 of us standing! Not even the full block stands at home, I'm not good with estimations but I'd guess at around 200-250 people stand at one time. It's a different ball game!

The stewards will obviously come and intervene this evening when people are standing, it's their job and they are paid to do so. It doesn't matter whether the people are having a good time or not, it's just how it is. Don't get me wrong I like to stand up as much as the next person and I do enjoy getting behind the team, but it takes the piss a little bit when people constantly moan at the stewards when they're just doing their job.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The difference with Orient was there were 2000 of us standing! Not even the full block stands at home, I'm not good with estimations but I'd guess at around 200-250 people stand at one time. It's a different ball game!

The stewards will obviously come and intervene this evening when people are standing, it's their job and they are paid to do so. It doesn't matter whether the people are having a good time or not, it's just how it is. Don't get me wrong I like to stand up as much as the next person and I do enjoy getting behind the team, but it takes the piss a little bit when people constantly moan at the stewards when they're just doing their job.

At because BHA fans are so middle-class, meek as mice etc according to other threads it's then easy for stewards to pick off fans trying to have a good time. Net result? Everyone sits in silence having a miserable time until the ref does something outrageous. That's the only thing that gets withdean passionate these days. Pity.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Atmosphere's usually quite decent at Withdean night games. The floodlights add an edge to things somehow. Always look forward to night games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here