Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere tonight - don't complain if.....

It's crap.

To start with we've got the square root of FA to look forward to in terms of home form and we can't all stand like we did at Orient

However IF the team play like they did in the first half as they did on Saturday then I am sure it will get the crowd going. At the moment it is up to them to inspire us at home and not the other way round. There have been too many disappointments this (and last) season and now they need to start playing with determination and aggression from the start.

When we are 5 nil up at half time we can all actully enjoy our Bovril for a change :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As pointed out elsewhere, we have scored ONE league goal at home since last October.
I think a crap atmosphere is pretty much a gimmie all the while that little stat continues to fester.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm taking this with me tonight -

megaphone.jpg

And I'm going to stand with my back to the pitch, facing the marvelous fans of the South stand like they do abroad, innit. It's going to be MEGA.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's a phrase that has stuck with me recently -

"Don't complain about the traffic, YOU ARE the traffic."

and it's spot on here - Don't complain about the atmosphere at Withdean. YOU ARE the atmosphere.

By Withdean's standards, I thought it got pretty good at points against Millwall in the 2nd half, from where I was sitting (C Block). Put a roof on it and immediately the noise is at least tripled.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
f*** it , lets get everyone singing tonight , get behind the team at this stage of this season we need to pick up points , they will be encouraged by a louder crowd .

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

megaphone.jpg

And I'm going to stand with my back to the pitch, facing the marvelous fans of the South stand like they do abroad, innit. It's going to be MEGA.

Please tell me you don't sit up the top of what ever block yoru in :facepalm: :thumbsup:

I shall be without the usual STH tonight however will be in good voice hopefully, although i dislike sitting so far forward...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This will be my first game of the season :whistle:

It will be a Brighton goal FEST

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
This will be my first game of the season :whistle:

It will be a Brighton CONCEDING goal FEST

Fixed for you :facepalm:

This will be a toughie. After the seven one result, we must be low on confidence going in to this game...

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

megaphone.jpg

You weren't by any chance the one that head a megaphone on them in the East Stand when we beat City were you :falmer::thumbsup:

Happy Days

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
You weren't by any chance the one that head a megaphone on them in the East Stand when we beat City were you :falmer::thumbsup:

Happy Days

Yeah... wree you?! I heard that... good game... happy days. Who'da thought we'd have crumbled to near relegation only a short few months later?!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
f*** it , lets get everyone singing tonight , get behind the team at this stage of this season we need to pick up points , they will be encouraged by a louder crowd .

This is said before every single home game, and every time is it exactly the same :facepalm:
Your right, we do need to get alot more people joining in, but i cant see it happening to be honest :US:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fixed This will be a toughie. After the seven one result, we must be low on confidence going in to this game...

I'd prefer to think the players will be well up for turning around the most embarrassing League score for over a decade. I bloody hope so anyway.

I fear the crowd may have given up already though :lolol:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Would J Block-ers kindly not start singing 'Tell the Huddersfield to sit down' at the stewards tonight if the away supporters are standing? By all means get behind the team, let the stewards do their job.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'd prefer to think the players will be well up for turning around the most embarrassing League score for over a decade. I bloody hope so anyway.

I fear the crowd may have given up already though :lolol:

I know i have :down:

NO! We must sing! Sing! SING SING SING! OR the result we bring! Won't mean a thing! So let us sing! Sing sing sing! or the loss we record! Won't mean a thing! :facepalm: I can't believe i'm gonna post that

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bring me Sunshine, in your smile,
Bring me Laughter, all the while,
In this world where we live, there should be more happiness,
So much joy you can give, to each brand new bright tomorrow,

Make me happy, through the years,
Never bring me, any tears,
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above,
Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.

Bring me Sunshine, in your eyes,
Bring me rainbows, from the skies,
Life's too short to be spent having anything but fun,
We can be so content, if we gather little sunbeams,

Be light-hearted, all day long,
Keep me singing, happy songs,
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above,
Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here