Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere today

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I only go a couple of times a season so this is purely speculation, but do you think it could be because we don’t have much to fight for? For most of the Amex’s history it was about getting into the Premier League, and the first two seasons it was the drama of staying up. Now in our heart of hearts we know we’re going to stay up with the way we’re playing, but fighting for mid-table is hollow in comparison to the drama of recent seasons?

Could be wrong and it could just be the influx of newer fans who only come once and never again.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Is this a Library is sung at every ground and yes we sang it to them last year. Wolves dont have much to brag about, they were mute for long periods especially for away fans. Weekday games seem to have the best atmospheres and we have less of those in this league.

I think today both sets of fans were nervey today as it felt at any time either side could break through.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Curse of the Premier League. We aren’t the first and we won’t be the last team to have our atmosphere completely die upon arrival to the Prem.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The game was so eventful, there didn’t seem time for the distraction of singing.

Loads of empty seats in the NS, in blocks of up to 15. The ESL and WSL similar.

Not an ideal time for a weekend game, others (not me) have long journeys.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The game was so eventful, there didn’t seem time for the distraction of singing.

Loads of empty seats in the NS, in blocks of up to 15. The ESL and WSL similar.

Not an ideal time for a weekend game, others (not me) have long journeys.

That's a very odd statement .... but it's actually true.

Usually i'll have a little sing-song, but was too engrossed today

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Curse of the Premier League. We aren’t the first and we won’t be the last team to have our atmosphere completely die upon arrival to the Prem.

It has died. Loads better in the Championship. Not sure why

There's loads of excuses, but basically we need to raise it

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Found the whole coordinated rainbow thing today irritating. It's a good and right cause, but an absolute atmosphere killer. I joined in, not to offend anyone, but begrudge being in a footballing flashmob.

I also think the pre-match routine needs a complete freshen up. I like the goals compilation, but would happily never hear Hey Jude, ever again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Any suggestions on what we could do to take said song and make it better?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You'd get kicked out and banned before you get close to a proper Goldstone atmos

Rose tinted specs, yes, but it's a fact. Modern football stadia/atmosphere is shit compared to terraces.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah it was really poor, but then I wasn't helping much sat in front of the telly in Wales. The Wolves fans sounded good though so that was something.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
How many more times do we have to go at this until posters finally realise that today is our 'atmosphere'.

Or do we have to add too close to Christmas to the list including:-

- it was to early
- it was to late
- it was to hot
- it was to cold
- School holidays
- Poor opposition
-
Too, too, too, too
Sorry, I was off sick, I’ve got a note from my mum.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Is this a Library is sung at every ground and yes we sang it to them last year. Wolves dont have much to brag about, they were mute for long periods especially for away fans. Weekday games seem to have the best atmospheres and we have less of those in this league.

I think today both sets of fans were nervey today as it felt at any time either side could break through.

Thought the wolves fans were quite loud to be fair overall.
But you're right, it's not just an Amex problem, it's a problem in general in this country - atmosphere has died for the most part in most grounds

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Most of the time it feels like us in the Norff are doing all the work.

The NS is supposed to lead but let’s be honest they are pretty useless; half the seats are still empty for Sussex by the Sea, and I just get the impression that they just can’t be arsed...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was unusually flat today. Yes I blame the Sunday 4-30pm kick off as a reason!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sunday late kick off is the worst weekend time slot for atmosphere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was unusually flat today. Yes I blame the Sunday 4-30pm kick off as a reason!

Sunday late kick off is the worst weekend time slot for atmosphere.
In all seriousness when do you think is an atmosphere inducing time to play at the AMEX.
Judging by the previous couple of games it definitely isn't 3pm on a Saturday.
Sheffield United will be 'too close to Christmas'.
The following two games will be far too early.
The next 'atmosphere' game will be palace but that will be moved to an inconvenient time for atmosphere.

Just how many games with a poor atmosphere will it take before you accept the fact that if the 'at game experience' is down for 95% of the matches, then that is our baseline noise.
The club have banned all the over boisterous fans, a mum was moaning for others to sit down in the North ffs. Sit in the West or east love.
That would make perfect sense if it were once a Calderon of noise.
All our stadiums have been graveyards most of the time.

That's what makes this whole debate worse.
Because when we do take the roof off, once or maybe twice a season, it's electric, spine tingling, deafening and most importantly inspiring.

But also annual.

As for the rosy speckers saying it was better in the Championship

IT WASN'T

You are just remembering the memorable games.
The rare occasions when we lifted the team.

What you're not doing is remembering the twice weekly grind between September and April, when we ALL sat there in silence.

Oh and for the same reason the Goldstone was even quieter.

At the very best we are reactive fans, who have had very little to react against over the last 118 years.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here