Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere Today ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The Atmos. was something special today as it has been on several occasions (like Burnley)

No reason we can't do it every home game, especially when (and if) we should ever happen to go behind.

Lush

Mods' Pet
From The Sun:

"Buckley paid tribute to the Brighton fans who filled the club's new 22,000 Amex Stadium.

He said: "I can't even hear myself think, it's just brilliant. It's just a joy to play here, they are like a 12th man.""

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
never heard the toon, maybe i wasnt listening but nothing much!!
cheers Loco... glad that you could hear us in Germany..!!

The Toon made very little noise that was audible outside the Southern end of the ground... it is the excellent "atmosphere" elsewhere in the ground that means this keeps happening - 2,500 away fans will normally dominate the noise in a ground but it just doesn't happen at The Amex...

Obviously there have been, and will be again, times when things go sufficiently badly to allow the away fans to be heard, but generally the buzz of noise and the willingness of all sides of the ground to join in singing means we stay on top - love it..!!!

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

cheers Loco... glad that you could hear us in Germany..!!

The Toon made very little noise that was audible outside the Southern end of the ground... it is the excellent "atmosphere" elsewhere in the ground that means this keeps happening - 2,500 away fans will normally dominate the noise in a ground but it just doesn't happen at The Amex...

Obviously there have been, and will be again, times when things go sufficiently badly to allow the away fans to be heard but generally the buzz of noise and the willingness of all sides of the ground to join in singing means we stay on top - love it..!!!

Good post.

That's how i see it as long as our fans stay positive in the game i can see the Albion faithful dominating away supporters and giving us that extra man.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Watching on a dodge satellite channel - through some English commentary Arab channel and they commented on the atmosphere saying it was awesome comparing it to English games of the 70s. Respect to all, we are creating a very good reputation and need to keep it up!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What did you reckon ? Pretty good I thought, The North was rocking as always, and the West even showed up today :wink: and collectively we comprehensively out sung the famous Toon Army !:clap:

I'll take your word for it about the north as I couldn't hear them from the WSU which was rocking today.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My missus is a Newcastle fan, my mate couldn't go to the Wrexham home game so I took her along for her first Amex experience. She said she wasn't all that impressed (to be fair it wasn't the best game to shout about)

She was in the away end today, and said that the noise was deafening and the atmosphere gave her goosebumps:clap:

She also said that whenever the toon started to make noise we just totally drowned them out and stopped them in their tracks.:clap::clap:

I heard the will buckley song for the first time myself at Peterborough last week and it was awesome, it also surprised me how quick the WSU picked it up today and even managed to carry it on for a while.:amex:

All in all was a great day and everyone there should take a bow:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I'm waiting for her to go bed so I can watch it back and see how we sound on the tv. So glad I decided to record it.

Happy happy days..:albion2::albion2::amex::ascarf::thumbsup:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Surprised. Not one attempt by Toon of Blaydon Races. Think we should have rubbed their noses in it with a loud Brighton Aces.:amex:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
From The Sun:

"Buckley paid tribute to the Brighton fans who filled the club's new 22,000 Amex Stadium.

He said: "I can't even hear myself think, it's just brilliant. It's just a joy to play here, they are like a 12th man.""

just watching the game again - Will Buckley says the crowd makes him run faster....

love it

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's funny how the perceptions are different. Because of different loyalty points and scrounging we were split over two parts of the ground, I was in WSU immediately next to the North Stand, and my son and the little (Newcastle-supporting) lad with my wife's ticket where diagonally opposite me in the East next to the away fans. I barely heard the away fans but my son said they were really loud and he couldn't hear the Brighton fans.

PS - My first time in that northern end of WSU (Block I). Not sure how many STHs were there but it was a great atmosphere. Happily go there again. And no real queues for the bar!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
My missus and my son used our STH allocation yesterday in the EAST.

Both said it was the loudest and best atmosphere so far and they couldn't hear the "The greatest fans in the world (tm)"

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
My missus is a Newcastle fan, my mate couldn't go to the Wrexham home game so I took her along for her first Amex experience. She said she wasn't all that impressed (to be fair it wasn't the best game to shout about)

She was in the away end today, and said that the noise was deafening and the atmosphere gave her goosebumps:clap:

She also said that whenever the toon started to make noise we just totally drowned them out and stopped them in their tracks.:clap::clap:

I heard the will buckley song for the first time myself at Peterborough last week and it was awesome, it also surprised me how quick the WSU picked it up today and even managed to carry it on for a while.:amex:

All in all was a great day and everyone there should take a bow:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I'm waiting for her to go bed so I can watch it back and see how we sound on the tv. So glad I decided to record it.

Happy happy days..:albion2::albion2::amex::ascarf::thumbsup:

dont let the likes of aquilaugh see this,he seems obsessed,with our lack of noise,
yet everyone else says its a great atmosphere,we shall see on tues,when his little group of boys sing for 5 mins,
and the rest of the unsold seats are quiet

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Looking around me, it now seems to have gone from a spectator event to a participation event with a really high percentage of fans, young & old and in all areas, activly joining in and making some real noise.

Most grounds have one noisey section, we have surroundsound!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I sit on half way line in WSU so can easily compare the north with the south stands on noise. Only Leeds have beaten the north IMO - although that was close. It only needs the WSU to be in full voice like yesterday to drown out the away fans totally though. . Leicester might make some noise next saturday now they have a sniff of the play-offs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here