Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere last night...

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Sounded a lot better from the North Stand. I actually thought it helped the players too for once!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It was the first time in ages that I have heard a chant go around at Withdean (via the internet radio coverage). The support last night was 100% better than at nearly every other home game this season, despite the low attendance. Well done for everyone involved, I'm sure the team appreciate you efforts as well. :clap:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It's a bit desperate when two choruses of "AAAAAALBIOOON" and "Seagulls" constitute a "lively atmosphere"

From the above comment, i assume your not a season ticket holder? I've been to every home game bar Stockport. Last night HAD atmosphere compared to the rest, not just chants, but getting animated over decisions and chants. We don't sing Seagulls at ever oppertunity but shout COME ON ALBION and what not regularly... especially in the second half when infront of the C. We make noise, not always singing...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
From the above comment, i assume your not a season ticket holder? I've been to every home game bar Stockport. Last night HAD atmosphere compared to the rest, not just chants, but getting animated over decisions and chants. We don't sing Seagulls at ever oppertunity but shout COME ON ALBION and what not regularly... especially in the second half when infront of the C. We make noise, not always singing...

Missed 2 home games in the last 3 seasons, so not having a season ticket is fairly irrelevant.

Yes, last night was louder than the 'average' football match at Withdean, but it certainly couldn't be called a 'good' atmoshpere - for a start, the singing only started in the second half.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Missed 2 home games in the last 3 seasons, so not having a season ticket is fairly irrelevant.

Yes, last night was louder than the 'average' football match at Withdean, but it certainly couldn't be called a 'good' atmoshpere - for a start, the singing only started in the second half.

My bad.

Surely, the phrase a journy of 1000 steps starts with just one comes in to practice. We sang. Players responded. Or Playes played well. We Responded. Either way, I think while at withdean that IS good atmosphere! Considering noise travels straight up from us, and given the lack of numbers and the fact it was bitterly bitterly cold, being able to make the noise we did constitutes good atmosphere. When did we last outsing an away crowd at Withers?

ComeWhatMay

Feb 11, 2010
The only atmosphere i ever hear is the moans and groans when the ball is either passed back or lumped forward. I do wonder how many of them understand football, as the saying goes you have to take a step back to go forwards. Also the clueless people that shout 'FORWARDS', and then when Elphick, Virgo hoof it long the same person will then greet it with another pointless chorus of moans and groans. Cant expect them to thread passes, the midfield has to drop a little deeper to pick up the ball and then they can look for the pass.

I often read this site, but after sitting with a friend and taking in what the other supporters do, i felt i had to post.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It shows how strangely seperated our experiences are then. Because sitting in C Block i thought it was good. Where were you lot sitting then?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

....because the team only turned up in the second half. Give the crowd something to cheer about and they will cheer. possibly even in the North!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the atmosphere was like a pre season friendly before kick off, there was barely a clap as the teams came out the tunnel. There was hardly a song sung, then Murray and Dicker came on and it changed.

Down towards C block certainly sung louder than anything the "singing" section managed, and it certainly got the team going

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The only atmosphere i ever hear is the moans and groans when the ball is either passed back or lumped forward. I do wonder how many of them understand football, as the saying goes you have to take a step back to go forwards. Also the clueless people that shout 'FORWARDS', and then when Elphick, Virgo hoof it long the same person will then greet it with another pointless chorus of moans and groans. Cant expect them to thread passes, the midfield has to drop a little deeper to pick up the ball and then they can look for the pass.

I often read this site, but after sitting with a friend and taking in what the other supporters do, i felt i had to post.

If I see Virgo or Elphick on the ball and people shout forwards, I am expecting them to pick out a midfielder or, as is sometimes the case, if they have 20 yards of space in front of them, to move forwards with the ball. As for the midfield being deeper, Dicker is quite often just in front of the back four shouting for the ball and then has to look skywards as it sails over his head. You couldn't expect Navarro to be any deeper otherwise we would have to call him a sweeper!!!

Perhaps, it's not the people shouting 'forwards' that are the clueless ones in this situation!!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is another reason why I like Dicker being in the team. He is CONSTANTLY available for the short pass. Crofts isn't. Navarro can be, but his chronic lack of pace is still worrying at times.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The fact we played better in the 2nd half was prob in a small way helped by the noised fron C , D and E. Was pretty good in those blocks but generally compared to the rest of the ground it usually is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Withers is just shit.

I was in C Block for first time (that's why there was an atmosphere :) )

first half no one was singing or anything - bit odd - second half better. And yes gloves doesnt help much. I think people are just fed up with Withers - i know i am. Gus needs more of a clap when he comes to dugout in my opinion!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not honestly trying to have a pop at anyone at all here but why the hell does no one in the North EVER seem to sing ATALL?

7 or 8 yrs ago we'd at least have the South / North Brighton boys going - or the North stand whats the score response but it seems like the North NEVER sing at all now?! If you had everyone in the North singing the South would join in and the accoustics from the North are actually quite good - you can here all the comments made at the lino for example...

WHY WHY WHY dont they sing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here