Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere last night...

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Top notch for a cold home game with less than Five thousand...

I think it might have somthing to do with the fact we played well despite not scoring.

Two Questions:
What was your take of teh atmosphere? C Block was quite lively imo, definately in the second half!

On the train home, aparantly because we didn't score we played badly...

Now, our non league stricker had his first start and looked great, and we dominated the team that thrashed us 7-1 last time around, and if Forster or Murray had started, we would have won (i think) 2/3 - 0.

Surely i'm not alone in these points?

Or am I?

???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was in C Block and I agree, atmosphere was good, actually stayed standing for a few moments along with a few others.

I think the fact we actually look SOLID at home now and have only conceded 1 in 3 games is helping.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It was OK at times I supposed. One thing I noticed, though, was that people were hardly clapping anything. Or did it just sound that way because they were all wearing gloves?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Top notch for a cold home game with less than Five thousand...

I think it might have somthing to do with the fact we played well despite not scoring.

Two Questions:
What was your take of teh atmosphere? C Block was quite lively imo, definately in the second half!

On the train home, aparantly because we didn't score we played badly...

Now, our non league stricker had his first start and looked great, and we dominated the team that thrashed us 7-1 last time around, and if Forster or Murray had started, we would have won (i think) 2/3 - 0.

Surely i'm not alone in these points?

Or am I?

???

It was very quiet.... enjoyable game though, for a 0-0 draw.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought the effort was there, and yes, C Block was quite lively in comparison to previous games (we sit opposite). We really could do with some sort of atmospheric injection, Ultras, Megaphones, drums, something (the clappers were quite good)

According to a CJTC behind me we were 100% terrible, across the pitch, in every position and every player, so your experience is not necesarily in isolation.

Thought Holroyd had a great game, seems to think about what he is doing, and has a bit of skill too, I think he needs to get a goal very soon though, otherwise his confidence may well get dented (like Davies and, a bit further back, Murray).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Was anyone else in shock when they heard the North stand not once, but twice? I think it must be a record.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
thought the atmosphere was brilliant, this is the sort of support the team finally need!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
i was walking past E block as the half time whistle went and literally all I heard was a faint sigh, not applause or anything else, just a faint sigh, and then everyone got up from their seats, one retard was booing loudly

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
i was walking past E block as the half time whistle went and literally all I heard was a faint sigh, not applause or anything else, just a faint sigh, and then everyone got up from their seats, one retard was booing loudly

There's some proper retards near the top in E block...

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I was at the top of block E, we got some chants going at some points but the majority of block E just wont make any noise, no matter how hard the rest of us try.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was anyone else in shock when they heard the North stand not once, but twice? I think it must be a record.

It is quite tough over here you know, there are a lot of people complaining about stuff, makes it hard to concentrate on the words to the songs. And if you get too enthusiastic they blow steam off their soup at you

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's a bit desperate when two choruses of "AAAAAALBIOOON" and "Seagulls" constitute a "lively atmosphere"

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It is quite tough over here you know, there are a lot of people complaining about stuff, makes it hard to concentrate on the words to the songs. And if you get too enthusiastic they blow steam off their soup at you

Sounds like it can get pretty crazy! Glad I'm in the safety of H block!

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Absolutely agree with the original poster. I sat in G block for the first time this season and the atmosphere to the left (H and J) was fantastic which seemed to wake G up too.

E block are a disgrace, that goes without saying. The amount of miserable so and so's around there do nothing to contriibute the atmosphere at Withdean and create no positive energy to spur the team on.

All in all, I think it was the best (by no means perfect) atmosphere at Withdean for a long time and long may it continue.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It's a bit desperate when two choruses of "AAAAAALBIOOON" and "Seagulls" constitute a "lively atmosphere"

Don't forget the "Whooaaah! You're sh#t! Arrggghhh! Arrghhhh!!.... arrghh.... argh"s every time the keeper took a kick second half.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The acoustics at Withdean are very strange. I thought it wasn't anything better than the usual library atmosphere. Heard an "Albbiooooon" once in the second half and that was it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here