Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atilla The Stockbroker

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1) Hoodies are great, comfortable, keep you warm and (unlike the cap I used to wear) you can't lose the bloody thing all the time...I was freezing my NUTS off in sub zero temperatures during that interview (outtake from last night's Late Kick Off thingy) and saw no reason to freeze my HEAD off as well!
2) Music this Sat comes courtesy of DJ Buzzer - I know the playlist but won't spoil your anticipation, it's a veritable cornucopia of delight !!!!!
3) I sent a message to The Laughing Bluebird offering to pay up last October (2 months before the best was due) but he didn't reply.....

Can I just say you were brilliant on late KO - What u said about the Goldstone was spot on - i particularly liked your jibe at toys r us and focus etc!!! And they showed what shops were there before you said it:clap:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Despise money men taking over football but happy to have one rich person financing our stadium.........

Despise money men taking over football and, in the present situation, as things stand, OVERJOYED that we can go ahead thanks to TB. Doesn't alter the principle or the wider picture one bit: football is eating itself and things need to change. As I say in the piece, that isn't going to happen tomorrow, but I think there is a groundswell of belief at all levels of the game that change is essential and inevitable.
In any case, there is a world of difference between some totally unconnected Albanian underwear mafioso 'buying' a club on a whim and totally f***ing things up and a lifelong fan helping out the club he has always supported. And you know that as well as I do. You're just being awkward. :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry but I disagree entirely money is money no matter where it comes from.

I accept the fact TB is a fan however Norman Cook was a CPFC fan yet we accepted his money and if someone else had stumped up the cash no matter who I cannot see how anyone would have said no thanks given the advance stages of planning permission for Falmer.

I think there is an inherent resenting of anyone successful who has the ability. You can the slag of the Glazers as much as you like the fact of the matter is they are rich enough to be a position to do the deal which everyone appears now to resent, perhaps their success and being wealthy.

The fact of the matter is football has moved on from the 70s and 80s and is now a multi-billion pound industry yet some people would rather the elder statesman of the community should do all the honour and own the club, times have changed and people need to move with them.

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
Sorry but I disagree entirely money is money no matter where it comes from.

I accept the fact TB is a fan however Norman Cook was a CPFC fan yet we accepted his money and if someone else had stumped up the cash no matter who I cannot see how anyone would have said no thanks given the advance stages of planning permission for Falmer.

I think there is an inherent resenting of anyone successful who has the ability. You can the slag of the Glazers as much as you like the fact of the matter is they are rich enough to be a position to do the deal which everyone appears now to resent, perhaps their success and being wealthy.

The fact of the matter is football has moved on from the 70s and 80s and is now a multi-billion pound industry yet some people would rather the elder statesman of the community should do all the honour and own the club, times have changed and people need to move with them.

You do understand that the Glazers are financing debt, don't you?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Entirely understand that the issue is here the resentment of the fact they are in a position to do this.

Just because times have changed it doesn't follow that they have changed for the best and it also doesn't follow that that particular change is permanent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IThe fact of the matter is football has moved on from the 70s and 80s and is now a multi-billion pound industry yet some people would rather the elder statesman of the community should do all the honour and own the club, times have changed and people need to move with them.

How long can it be sustained at the current rate? How many cluba are running at a loss? Is it legal to continue to trade when in a position of continually running at a loss. Man U debts are said to be about £780m can that be healthy for any business? Something has got to happen soon for many clubs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just because times have changed it doesn't follow that they have changed for the best and it also doesn't follow that that particular change is permanent.

To a certain extent I agree however how many things actually go back to where they were ?

Did the pits re-open, did nationalised industries become public again (bar Network Rail), do we manufacture like we used to................

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How long can it be sustained at the current rate? How many cluba are running at a loss? Is it legal to continue to trade when in a position of continually running at a loss. Man U debts are said to be about £780m can that be healthy for any business? Something has got to happen soon for many clubs.

You may well be right however the crux of the resentment is the fact people have money here

To a certain extent I agree however how many things actually go back to where they were ?

Did the pits re-open, did nationalised industries become public again (bar Network Rail), do we manufacture like we used to................

I'm not sure I want things to return to how they were, there are many things that are good about the game at the moment. But I do agree that clubs should be run better with the supporters more in mind and that clubs should probably not be allowed to operate at a loss.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm not sure I want things to return to how they were, there are many things that are good about the game at the moment. But I do agree that clubs should be run better with the supporters more in mind and that clubs should probably not be allowed to operate at a loss.

To do that would mean immediate removal of Sky TV, somehow I cannot see that

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Well said John, can we quote that verbatim and include it in the re-printed Build a Bonfire?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As much as I respect John views, I find myself some what agreeing with Beachy here.

Barcelona isn't a particularly good example to use since I understand they have 150,000 owners all paying a yearly fee.

That isn't going to happen anytime soon to Brighton, and although I may be wrong where fan ownership of clubs has been tried in this country it has always ended in tears.

If you want to apply the Spanish model to English football, you might as well introduce the concept of clubs negotiating their own television deals.

If the think the gap between the "rich" and "poor" is big now, wait until that happens.

It's easy to misinterpret the Man United fans worry at the level of debt as a desire for them to return to some grass roots bovril drinking, rattle rattling golden era.

It isn't about that really is it ?

Last edited:

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
More to the point ... who the f*ck is Brighton and Home Albion?

"Brighton & Home Albion's 'Attila The Stockbroker' rants to BBC South, South West and West Late Kick Off about the state of football. Attila is a poet from Brighton and is also stadium announcer at the Withdean Stadium. "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here