Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At this stage last season

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As ever, it's just the usual few bellends, along with those specific posters of an uncertain temperament, who are prone to becoming overemotional at the slighest provocation who are currently acting the doommongers. It's just that they post more than everyone else so it looks liike the world is about to end.

These people are also confusing a maelstrom of issues in their own minds (our results, the influence of Gus, the inpetitude of our board, the quality of the catering, their own flaccid impotence) and getting themselves a bit het up. over the whole thing.

Everyone else is cool, and realises it's early days.

Nailed me there mate, well done.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Its a reflection of a persons personality when it comes to doom and negativity. I wouldnt be surprised that the doom merchants are nothing more than trolls... one thing is for sure though... come the apocalypse I wouldnt want these negative people anywhere near me. We are making chances and scoring.. a few more signings and we will be fine. A win and the confidence will return!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A v Swindon LOST 3-0
A v Hull City LOST 1-0
H v Cardiff DRAW 0-0

No goals scored in 270 minutes of fooball.

Palace lost the first 3 league games last season.

Anyone would think from the reaction to out first 3 games that the season is over!

Wise words Mr B.

And we have a new manager who needs a bit of time and our patience.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Reading were bottom-half for the first four months of the 11-12 season and they WON THE LEAGUE.
Don't let the bellends win

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well if you're going to play looking back .... the other way to look at it is these two fixtures last year gave us six points, so we're actually six points worse off this season than we were last. Consequently the doom-mongers are right, two of our 'banker' fixtures have now been thrown away.

I appreciate the sentiments in the opening post, but also the OP could leave himself as a hostage to fortune - especially if we don't win our next FIVE games (including a thumping 5-1 win in our next home game) which is what I believe we did last year. Then it'll be the doom-mongers saying "At this stage last season ...."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reading were bottom-half for the first four months of the 11-12 season and they WON THE LEAGUE.
Don't let the bellends win

Brian McDermott said similar after his opening day win against us. When asked about what the victory meant he said he was pleased but you cannot read much into it as his Reading team were bottom (or possibly second bottom) after 7 games in his promotion season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very well put. It is ridiculous to be doom-mongering at this stage, but there are some on here who seem to have absolutely no sense of perspective.
Palace (boo! hiss! etc) lost their first 3 league games last season, and were bundled out of the League Cup by lower league opposition (Preston). Anyone remember what happened to them?

They changed their manager.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We should be fine, for most of the reason put forward here

For me there is, however, the nagging worry that if it proves difficult to get going, if we get a bit more bad luck, then the season can rapidly get away from you, a bit like what happened to Hinshelwood. 2 defeats becomes 3,4,5 and it gets increasingly hard to get going, teams come at you with more confidence, the fans get restless and everyone has to really dig in to get out of it. If that happens to a young, inexperienced manager, well it can be hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here