Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At the end of the day

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Rightly or wrongly - the albion will be judged by the majority of fans by the results most won't take into consideration the problems and obstacles facing the club.

Sad but true

One major concern for me is the longer it goes on waiting for Falmer most younger fans won't remember what went on with Archer and Bellotti and will have even less time for the same old excuses and find other clubs to support or intrests to follow.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Rightly or wrongly - the albion will be judged by the majority of fans by the results most won't take into consideration the problems and obstacles facing the club.

Sad but true

One major concern for me is the longer it goes on waiting for Falmer most younger fans won't remember what went on with Archer and Bellotti and will have even less time for the same old excuses and find other clubs to support or intrests to follow.
Yes. True. You post a lot of rubbish on here sometimes but that is a very succinct analysis.

And it IS worth re-stating if only in an, admittedly folorn, attempt to reign in some of the wilder views of the 'Fantasists'. Peope might say they're sick of hearing about LDC and the delays to Falmer - but just because they're sick of it doesn't make it any less true.

Good point abouit the younger fans too. My 14 year old son and his friends haven't got a clue who Archer, Bellotti and Stanley are and they only have a very hazy idea of why we have to play at Withdean. (They were only 4/5 when we left the Goldstone!) I've told my son the story again and again but he still looks at me like I'm some senile old duffer going on about WW2.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps the Argus could be coaxed into producing a memory lane section, as it will be ten years since we departed the Goldstone. Maybe a weekly insert with memories and photos of the old ground. ???

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Sorry but the exuces are running a little thin. Are the paid professional sportsmen or not !!!! No excuses in my opinion.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Ding Dong ! said:
Sorry but the exuces are running a little thin. Are the paid professional sportsmen or not !!!! No excuses in my opinion.

The way the current crop of players play has nothing to do with Archer/Bellotti. It's not their fault if their best isn't good enough. (If that's what you believe.)

The fact that we can't afford higher standard players, and that we have to play at a sub-standard ground has everything to do with Archer/Bellotti.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ding Dong ! said:
Oh good, a classic 'Fantasist'. WHY are the excuses 'running a little thin'? What's changed in the years since we left the Goldstone to make you believe that we should be in the Champions League / Premiership / Championship? (You pick the level).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Re: Re: At the end of the day

Brovian said:
Good point abouit the younger fans too. My 14 year old son and his friends haven't got a clue who Archer, Bellotti and Stanley are and they only have a very hazy idea of why we have to play at Withdean. (They were only 4/5 when we left the Goldstone!) I've told my son the story again and again but he still looks at me like I'm some senile old duffer going on about WW2.
with younger people and their knowledge/interest/perspective regarding times past I find it interesting to think about comparisons with my own timeline...

e.g. a 14 year old's (born in 1992?) 1997 is my 1973...

his 1983 is my 1959... etc

he thinks about the advent of Peter Ward with the sense of distant history that I apply to the death of King George VI...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: At the end of the day

Moshe Gariani said:
with younger people and their knowledge/interest/perspective regarding times past I find it interesting to think about comparisons with my own timeline...

e.g. a 14 year old's (born in 1992?) 1997 is my 1973...

his 1983 is my 1959... etc

he thinks about the advent of Peter Ward with the sense of distant history that I apply to the death of King George VI...
I know what you mean. I'm 30 years older than my daughter. When she was in the Sixth Form at Boundstone in 2003 I went on about what it was like when I was there in 1973. She said "Dad' that's like someone going on to you about how life was in 1943!"

They don't make years like they used to do they? These modern ones are far too flimsy and disappear too quickly ...

(Ok, we've gone off-topic!)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Croydonbloke said:
At the end of the day Palace are bigger and better than Brighton. :eek:
Fantasist

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Goring Gull said:

Sad but true

What about us older fans? How much more shit are we expected to watch? At least we had Richie Barker up front at Gillingham! :nono:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
At the end of the day Palace fans are thicker and more stupid than Brighton fans.

(comes from one who should know)
Comes from one who wants to be one!!!!!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goring Gull said:

Sad but true

Very very true. In fact post of the day.

The average "punter" is not as clued up as the rest of us.

No ones fault...but its the "Oh I see Brighton lost again" or whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here