Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At The Dogs

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
did you go to the Stadium to watch the match?
What was the atmosphere like there?

(ps please turn your caps lock off)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On SCR they spoke to the the Dog Staduim people and there were 1200 and it was a good sucess.

May well be repeated again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
no BH, they had capacity for 1200 but only 300 turned up, Corals manager tried to sound upbeat, then blamed poor advertising, etc, but said would consider for future, eg West Ham (not sure if he meant home or away).

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
My mate was in the club shop when about a dozen Leeds fans asked for tickets for the Dog Stadium and told NO home fans only. Seamed a bit harsh as he said they all seamed like reasonable fans.

Leeds fans get the treatment that i hate getting as an England fan. Treated like animals and with no respect when the majority are fans no different to ours.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
How much did it cost to get into the Dogs? Someone at Withdean on Saturday told me it was £12.00!! Is this true? If so, there's the reason why we didn't get a bigger turn out. £12.00 is just far too much to charge people. 5 or 6 quid would have been a reasonable amount and then we might have got at least two or three times the number that actually turned up and probably more.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It was £12, i agree that is far too much, i'd have probably gone if a fiver was knocked off that but instead i stayed home and watched Jeff Stelling and the team.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Agree £12 is way over the top. Maybe a £10 with a free drink voucher.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Exactly. I was going to go but when I found out it was £12 I was stunned.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
£12 might be there to cover the costs dont forget, without knowing the full expenditure of the cause you cannot justify arguing against the twelve pounds price tag, maybe a question in Ask The Forum might clear this up!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
CrabtreeBHA said:
£12 might be there to cover the costs dont forget, without knowing the full expenditure of the cause you cannot justify arguing against the twelve pounds price tag, maybe a question in Ask The Forum might clear this up!
Of course you can. You base your opinion of expense on what you value the product to be worth. Regardless of what it costs them to set it up £12 is a lot of money to go and watch a match on telly.
How much is a pay-per-view match on Sky? £8? And you can get a load of you in to share the cost.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I think the reason it was not full was because it was ticket only and no advertising.
If another beam back was to be staged there would be a few things I would like to know before I purchased a ticket.
Where could you buy these tickets?

Were the bars open? Was there food? What time did the doors open? Did the price include admission tio the Racing later?
Was there lots of big screens or just one?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i think 12 bucks was fair to much and would have doubled the amount of people if they had knocked a few quid off and still made more money through drinks sales

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Bloody rip off if you ask me. Fiver would have been fairer, the place would have been packed and they would have got their profit on drinks alone.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rangdo said:
Of course you can. You base your opinion of expense on what you value the product to be worth. Regardless of what it costs them to set it up £12 is a lot of money to go and watch a match on telly.
How much is a pay-per-view match on Sky? £8? And you can get a load of you in to share the cost.
Absolutely spot on. I know several people who couldn't get tickets and were thinking of going to the dogs but were put off by the cost. £12 per person to watch a match second-hand is way too much. If they needed to charge that to cover their expenses then I guess they won't be doing it again.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The only profits that the club would have made would have dome from the ticket sales though, surely. I doubt they woul take any money from the bar or any other refreshments. Obviously it won't happen again as there was not enough interest at the price they have to charge which is probably what they were trying to determine during this trial.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I think they were just being greedy. They thought "Ohh Leeds; Smith, Viduka, Robinson, Fowler, Hasslebank, Yeboah, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Bowyer, etc. People will pay a tenner to watch that. Better make it £12 though, don't want to sound cheap and a ticket for a Premiership game costs more."

This overlooked the fact that the current Leeds team are a bunch of nobodies and it WAS only a standard League game with nothing special riding on it. We got 3 points the same we would have got if we'd beaten Rotherham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here