Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At Least We're Not Newcastle

stranded in toon

Mar 24, 2008
Jesmond, Newcastle
I know we should be focusing on ourselves, but its always nice to see 'big' teams struggling. If we were to appoint an ex-player like Newcastle who would be our Messiah (that isn't a naughty boy; for the python fans :))

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
if you wouldn't argue with the statement, why start a contradicting thread..

I'd much rather be possibly going down with a 55,000 seater stadium in the Premiership, than be 8 points adrift of safety in League 1 in a shitty athletics stadium.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Dean Saunders is a good shout.

Peter Ward would be the ultimate return of a legend, doubt it would be a great idea though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Charlie Oatway or Butters

We could do a lot worse than appoint one of those now but a number of older ex players have been reasonably succesful as managers. Like Dave Sexton, Jimmy Sirrell, Howard Wilkinson, Brian Horton plus many more which I amsure people will add to this list. Of the modern era of players who I would love to see be manager and 'save' us it has to be OGH or Kerry Mayo.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We could do a lot worse than appoint one of those now but a number of older ex players have been reasonably succesful as managers. Like Dave Sexton, Jimmy Sirrell, Howard Wilkinson, Brian Horton plus many more which I amsure people will add to this list. Of the modern era of players who I would love to see be manager and 'save' us it has to be OGH or Kerry Mayo.

Danny Wilson and Alan Curbishley have done OK too.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If they go down , i reckon their fans will love the championship , especially if they win it first attempt

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If they go down , i reckon their fans will love the championship , especially if they win it first attempt

They will show their passion as the best supporters in the UK by filling the stadium and selling out every match, regardless of the league they are!

:jester::laugh:

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Stuart Tuck. To call the man a legend would be a SEVERE understatement. If he could transfer just a bit of his IMMENSE footballing talent into management, he would no doubt be a PEHNOMENAL success :bowdown:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If we were Championship standard we could maybe interest Alan Curbishly - he did good at Charlton (look at them now)

PS - Don't like Newcastle and would love to see them relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here