Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At least the Aussies understand patriotism.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
looney said:

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like
" A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a
move to another part of this planet.
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to
change, and we really don't care how you did things
where you came from. By all means keep your culture
but do not force it on others.
This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR
LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity
to enjoy all this.
But once you are done complaining, whining, and
griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian
beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you
take advantage of one other great Australian
freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".
If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't
force you to come here. You asked to be here. So
accept the country YOU accepted.

Damn straight, applies in this country too!! If you don't like it then go somewhere else, if you think you can't go elsewhere because of the fanatics your religion has created, then take a long hard look at your religion and how it is being interpreted by a minority and spend your time fixing them!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't you think we have progressed as human beings to accept a multi-cultural society? I am not talking about letting extremists run the mosques and preach anti-west propoganda, but surely as human beings we can be accepting of all denominations.

Yes they must obey laws, as I expect to obey laws of different countries I have visited, but culturally there must be give and take.

Should America expel all the immigrants? Should France? Should the whole world send people back to their 'original' country. I guess my mother will have to move back to Wales. I will miss her. I guess I will have to put up with just visiting... :(

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
e77 said:
I think all immigrants should leave Australia.

That would be all of them except the Aborogines then.

Actually they migrated to Australia too, through New Guinea and Asia.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If Australia starts expelling all its immigrants back to where they came from, I'd strongly recommend investing in anti-theft devices, especially ones to stop people nicking loaves of BREAD from shops.

What a load of steaming crap.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
If Australia starts expelling all its immigrants back to where they came from, I'd strongly recommend investing in anti-theft devices, especially ones to stop people nicking loaves of BREAD from shops.

What a load of steaming crap.

I didn't read it as ALL immigrants - I read it as being those who didn't want to integrate and play ball with the society in which they live?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
tedebear said:
I didn't read it as ALL immigrants - I read it as being those who didn't want to integrate and play ball with the society in which they live?

So did I tedebear. All it is saying is that a country has laws and these should be abided by. If you do not like the laws then go elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Without Mushtaq Ahmed Sussex would not have won their first Championship in over a century of cricket.

i hardly think mushy is an extremist!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
He is extremely good!

i imagine he would pretty dangerous with a bomb as well if he decided to bowl it into a crowd, nobody would know where to go

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
B.M.F said:
So did I tedebear. All it is saying is that a country has laws and these should be abided by. If you do not like the laws then go elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Agreed, nail on the head!!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
B.M.F said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: totally agree and wish we would adopt it here

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
B.M.F said:

Yep and me. So mote it be.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Has there EVER been a country saying that it doesn't matter if you commit a crime? To anyone, let alone new citizens?

Besides, when exactly do immigrants get the right to start shaping their new nation? After all, if you work and pay tax, you get a vote and if you get a vote then, far from having arrived in an unchanging set of 100% morally virtuous natives, you become part of a changing society. If you contribute to that economically (which overwhelming, migration does), then you have the right to have a say in what happens there.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Man of Harveys said:

Besides, when exactly do immigrants get the right to start shaping their new nation? .

What gives them the right to do this without the consent of the indigenous population?

Or in our case what gives 8% of the population the right to demand the 92% to change their culture when they are in fact guests?

What right does the political left have to push a multi-cultural agenda with that small number of which most I have spoken to are happy to adapt and fit in?

After all, if you work and pay tax, you get a vote and if you get a vote then, far from having arrived in an unchanging set of..

You dont automatically get a vote unless you apply for citizenship.
If the argument is for migrant labour why not just give them work permits?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Don't you think we have progressed as human beings to accept a multi-cultural society?

(

Depends what you mean by culture.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
perth seagull said:
Actually they migrated to Australia too, through New Guinea and Asia.

Ok then, everyone out of Australia except the Kangaroos and Wallabies.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Dont you have to have lots of money to emigrate to Australia?
If not then I'm outta here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here