Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At least Falmer is not the only site to piss the CPRE off

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
Feeling so pissed off by today's new, I have sent this e-mail to CPRE.

Let me know what you think.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you about the widespread publicity generated by your organisation, concerning possible detrimental and negative environmental impacts made by the hopefully future construction of the much needed Falmer Stadium for Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

I must admit, as a graduate in Environmental Sciences and an awareness of many environmental issues, I do share your concerns about many issues which the CPRE petition for.

However, I feel that as an avid Brighton fan for many years, Falmer has to be constructed for the long term survival of the club, without it, the club may not exist far beyond the next few years. As you may not know, the club has been effectively homeless for ten years and has spent many millions of pounds through the public enquiry fighting it case for the proposed stadium.

The timing of your publicity has come at a very bad time for the club as it is very close to fighting the appeal issued by the Lewes District Council. The club needs as much public support as possible during this current period, by which your campaigning will undoubtedly have a negative effect on this.

Can I ask why it has taken so long for you to raise your concerns considering the initial applications for the Falmer Stadium was proposed almost six years ago?

I hope to hear from you very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Phil Newberry

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know the CPRE bloke means 32 million visitors to the whole of the South Downs, but he was trying to lever in the implication that it was to that area. So, if his figures are correct, that's almost 88,000 visitors a day to that area. Blimey, you'd hardly notice addtional population to the stadium in that case.

One other thing. Bearing in mind that the South Downs has no entrance or exit booth, and that there are dozens, if not hundreds of towns and villages nestled on them, where do they arrive at the figure of 32 million visitors a year? How do they monitor it?

Anyway, this is all tomorrow's fish & chip wrappers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here