Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At Hartlepool - Nearly, so nearly...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
we sung the whole of Sussex by the Sea in time and it sounded brilliant.

We got all the way to the "Good old Sussex by the sea" chorus, before it went into hyperspeed, overtaking Usain Bolt on the 100m dash to the finish line. (at which point a few people started laughing because they couldnt keep up :jester:)

The campaign is working, I tell thee...

:angel: :jester:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Indeed... and it would probably have worked completely if it hadn't been started so HIGH... and made it almost impossible for any except U12's and eunuchs to sing! :laugh:

Let's keep trying... but do start SLOW and LOW !!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Saxondales FAULT for the high speed 'ska' version...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That ska version is an utter travesty.

It it horrendous, I absolutely hate it. How could someone do that to such a song? Why not a ska version of Jerusalem too, while we're at it? Or Land Of Hope & Glory? Let's ruin them too.

Sorry, but its a piece of self indulgence by Attila that should never have been agreed to. Someone please tell me we'll never play it at Falmer?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe we have found the reason why half the crowd start leaving five minutes before the end of the game at Withdean!!!

Maybe it's time for another Falmer related music campaign....Say NO to the Seagulls Ska :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was going very nicely indeed thank you, and building up to a cracking, properly paced chorus....when, as usual, all the younger lads over to the right hijacked it completely and sped through to the end in their usual ignorant manner.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That Seagulls ska version is a disgrace

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
All the words? Naff.

Just slow it down and sing it like the drunks do at the cricket. Sounded excellent at Lords.

Simple - and none of the embarrasing "let your hearts be gay" stuff either.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All the words? Naff.

Just slow it down and sing it like the drunks do at the cricket. Sounded excellent at Lords.

Simple - and none of the embarrasing "let your hearts be gay" stuff either.

It's only embarrassing if you're the sort of person who's insecure about that kind of thing. It's just a word.

Never had a problem with it myself.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You'll never get everyone singing all the original words. Just won't happen, has it ever?

If you want to get it slowed down in general you'd be better off singing it how we've always sung it, but slower.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
We have to slow it down, It sounds so good when you hear other teams singing their anthem at a slower pace.

Woking would be the perfect place to do it our county border rivals :thumbsup:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
It's only embarrassing if you're the sort of person who's insecure about that kind of thing. It's just a word.

Never had a problem with it myself.

it's not specifically that lyric, it's most of the song.

"reap and sow and plough and mow" "tell them all that we stand all fall" and all that sort of stuff.

it's a bit old fashioned and uneccessary I think.

A nice, slowed down version of "going up and we'll win the cup" would do me and seems a lot more realistic if we've got an away following of 2000 odd. Just my opinion though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
it's not specifically that lyric, it's most of the song.

"reap and sow and plough and mow" "tell them all that we stand all fall" and all that sort of stuff.

it's a bit old fashioned and uneccessary I think.

A nice, slowed down version of "going up and we'll win the cup" would do me and seems a lot more realistic if we've got an away following of 2000 odd. Just my opinion though.

"You may tell them all that we stand or fall" is my very favourite part of the song. Genuinely, it's hairs on the back of the neck time with that bit.

Get rid of it? What an odd thing to say.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You'll never get everyone singing all the original words. Just won't happen, has it ever?

If you want to get it slowed down in general you'd be better off singing it how we've always sung it, but slower.

When we came back on the train from Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago half a carriage of Albion fans singing the original words was magnificent and appreciated by the other passengers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here