Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa's New Shirt Sponsors

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They were talking about this on Talksport the other day. They had a Villa fan on the phone (ooooerrr) who said that Villa have increased their prices so much for next season, that it's the fans who will be paying for it.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
They were talking about this on Talksport the other day. They had a Villa fan on the phone (ooooerrr) who said that Villa have increased their prices so much for next season, that it's the fans who will be paying for it.

and who exacxtly had told that the fan that the price hike was to pay for the loss of a shirt sponsor alone exactly? - and not to pay for, say, players salary increases, squad strengthening etc etc.

I think the fan didn't really have an effing clue.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
It is a nice gesture no doubt. But believe me, before they made it, a head will have rolled in the commercial team at Villa for not securring a sponsor before the deadline. Royal f*ck up.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It is a nice gesture no doubt. But believe me, before they made it, a head will have rolled in the commercial team at Villa for not securring a sponsor before the deadline. Royal f*ck up.

are we all so bitter a twisted that we can't even comtemplate that this is an honest gesture?

As has been mentioned I actually think that long term they will benefit from it. Anyhow Villa giving space worth ?£2m is equivalent to me chucking 50p into a Children in Need collection bucket - is it really to much to hope that they did it for the right reasons?

I'll calm down now:lolol:

My mate is a Villa fan, and says they'll still be the 3rd cheapest prem team to watch.

Barca actually went a step further, they also donate a fee each season to unicef aswell as having the logo on the shirt.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Great gesture from Villa; let's see if Manure or the Arse or Chelski follow suit (I won't be holding my breath, tho).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well regardless its good PR and shows not all american owners are evil!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great gesture from Villa; let's see if Manure or the Arse or Chelski follow suit (I won't be holding my breath, tho).

Hardly Chelski as they have removed "Mobile" and re-done the kit.

1066gull

But to be fair, Villa have been selling out quite a lot recently lot so why not? Everyone puts up their prices when the demand is there, not just in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here