Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
That was a hard watch. We were poor and villa good. Saying that their 2nd goal one of villa's players is in front of Steel which could have been given another day as offside. Their 3rd goal in the build up March is fouled but is deemed to early in the play to matter.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Lots of talk on this thread about Hinshelwood starting. He’s not to blame but one thing is definite- you cannot have an untried midfielder from the youth team in the premier league and hope to stay top 4- fact

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Poor first half from our point of view while Villa must be very pleased going in 3-0 I have to say we have looked uncharacteristically wobbly at the back and none existent in midfield I have no idea how we might address the situation with the options on the bench.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm hoping that this will game that changes RDZs mindset about rotation.
We have a big, quality squad, and five subs. We need to give a smaller set of players a chance to bed in together in the first team, in a match environment and use the subs to rest key men.
Making 6-9 changes, especially at CB and GK isn't a thing. Every time people start looking like they're building relationships on the pitch the team is changed.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Why bring off both Ferguson and Welbeck for Fati and Pedro? Fati and Pedro don't work together like Ferg and Welbz. Neither are a striker while both strikers need someone behind them.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
On a brighter note, I just need Mitoma to score or assist for £100.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230930_134011_Paddy Power.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_134011_Paddy Power.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 49

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I clutching at straws to say we have not had the bounce of the ball at all today?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I think the offside one is subjective - so fair enough really. And we did have quite a bit of time after the foul on Solly - they rarely pull it back for things like that (for all teams not just us). We only have ourselves to blame today.
Agreed. Clutching at straws trying to put this on VAR. We sucked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here