Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa throwing themselves to the floor.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Grealish is, as has been pointed out, different to almost anyone else I can think of in that he's actively looking for free kicks all the time. The only similar case would be Bruno Fernandes or Mo Salah, and even they only tend to do it in the penalty area.

Even Zaha doesn't do this to the same extent. Watch Grealish in action: every time he feels contact, he jumps and throws himself forwards. Zaha just crumples or loses his shit, whereas Grealish physically manufactures forward motion, which is not remotely the direction gravity would take you in most cases.

It was pointed out to me last night by Hotchilidog that Grealish dives INTO any challenge he thinks he cannot win (or keep) the ball from. I think that's exactly it.

The statistic about him being the most fouled player is an utter sham. He wins the most free kicks: I bet half of them aren't actual fouls.

Yeah he did this against Gross.
He then had this snarly look on his face as if he had been unceremoniously dumped to the floor and mouthed something like "Give me the ****ing ball" to Pascal, who ignored him.
This was then followed by hauling Veltman up off the floor after being elbowed in the throat and getting Lamptey sent off by screaming in agony after minor contact had been made on him.

Totally graceless prick, who treats his fellow professionals like scum.

I get the point Harry's trying to make, but even with his talents, he is a very unpleasant person.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Kind of adds to the presumption that they specifically look for players who fit the go down easily narrative. Maybe that's why they paid so much for him. Regardless this has turned into a Grealish thread but there are quite a few Villa players that do it. Watkins and Trezeguet also do it a fair bit.

Absolutely. It's coached into them.
After £150m spent, the best their manager can come up with, is "try and win as many cheap freekicks/penalties as possible"

Smith's comment after the Solly (non)challenge: "Everybody heard the contact". tells you everything you need to know about him. Graceless cheating prick.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Absolutely. It's coached into them.
After £150m spent, the best their manager can come up with, is "try and win as many cheap freekicks/penalties as possible"

Smith's comment after the Solly (non)challenge: "Everybody heard the contact". tells you everything you need to know about him. Graceless cheating prick.

Nobody heard the 'contact' - we all heard him scream like a baby and throw himself on the floor.

I do wish the TV pundits would take this on and ridicule the cheats.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I would like to see these pathetic attempts to con the ref reviewed by a sensible ( yes I’m delusional) VAR. First offence 15 minutes in the sin bin. Second offence red card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
1. Villa are clutching at straws. On one hand he’s offside anyway, so any penalty would NOT be given by VAR even if proven. On the other - given that he escaped the ‘holding’ o actually score, it’s a bit hard to argue that he was significantly impeded.

2. On ‘honest pro’ Watkins... skip to 2:10 in this. Shameless.

Nicely taken penalty that - I thought he couldn't take penalties?!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Did anyone see the Evertone player 'do a Kane' on Wood Saturday ? another dirtry tactic, Wood landed very awkwardly on his head/shoulder. backing in is a tactic sock -worm hasn't learnt. yet.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He’s habitually doing it now......he is going to seriously injure someone very soon (whilst winning another dodgy penalty of course, and then being praised by a pundit for being ‘clever’).

I'm hoping someone with enough ballls calls it out. bloody dangerous and cheating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here