Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa & Houllier.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The club look to be in serious free-fall and must be considered a relegation bet,should Villa go down you would have to think thats is for Houllier. Would a relegated Villa be the 'biggest' Prem team to go down ?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
its hard to say what can be defined as the 'biggest' team. If you look at the history of Forest or Wedensday they are far bigger teams than Villa or Newcastle. But i can not see Villa going down. Blackpool and Wolves will go down and then maybe one suprise

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
its hard to say what can be defined as the 'biggest' team. If you look at the history of Forest or Wedensday they are far bigger teams than Villa or Newcastle. But i can not see Villa going down. Blackpool and Wolves will go down and then maybe one suprise

Still anyone's guess, but I would say Wigan are odds-on to drop. Kinda hope Wolves survive, as I like McCarthy, would prefer West Ham to go.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Maybe Aston Villa will surprise you ??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No, pound for pound I think Clough's Notts Forest team was the "biggest" team to get relegated.

Prior to May 1993 they'd reached 3 Wembley Finals in 2 years and only finished twice outside the top 8 since 1977/78 (9th and 12th places) so had never even flirted with relegation.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
its hard to say what can be defined as the 'biggest' team. If you look at the history of Forest or Wedensday they are far bigger teams than Villa.

Not far bigger than Villa at all. Look through history, Villa's natural place is around 7th in the Prem, along with Everton they're a team with a HUGE history in the top flight.

Also one of a very select band of sides to have won the European Cup (Champions League for you younglings).

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
oh i forgot about Wigan! But Villa definitely wont go down in my opinion. They have the experience and are far better than some of the other teams down there.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Villa are definitely a big club without a doubt, but they have flirted outside the top table even to the point of going up with us from the old Div 3 in the 70's.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Villa normally flirt with relegation once every 5 years - they finished 18th in 94/95, 16th in 02/03 and 16th in 05/06. Therefore this "crap" season was expected and bang on time.

Forest never finished anywhere near relegation in 15 seasons before they got relegated, so it had a big shock factor that they were down there in the first place. That said, Villa going down would be huge, bigger than the recent relegations of Leeds and Newcastle.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'd say Nottingham Forest personally. Their position isn't really as bad as it looks given how tight the league is this season a couple of wins & they'll have no concerns.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I didn't know it was possible to like him, 100% Boring Knobber!

I've met him in actual real life. I thought he would be a twat, but, rather surprisingly, he is a really nice bloke. He likes a laugh and is nothing like the 'Mick McCarthy off the telly'.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Its a scary thought that Villa might go down. I of course do not want to see this happen! Though it appears more and more that it will happen. Houllier has lost the plot, the players and the supporters. This past weekend against wolves the supporters erupted into ``You dont what your doing`` when subbing off Marc Albrighton (Are best player that day and many days before) to put Agbonlahor on. Gabby is being wasted on the wings just how Young is being wasted in the hole behind Bent. Takes Chris Herd and throws him at LB when he is a natural DMF. He takes our lads on a ``bonding`` session during our break and Dunne and Collins end up getting into ah eated exchange of words and get fined. He fields a reserves side against Man City in the FA cup and esstentuially rolls over and dies. How did he justify loss, well apparently we cant beat Manchester City.....Ummm Houllier we just beat them 1-0 not too long ago. Then there was the whole Liverpool disaster.... Evan was right when he told me he said Peever Houllier will f*** Villa royally! Boy has he....french tit

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Forest or Wednesday FAR bigger teams than Villa or Newcastle? ... really?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here