Beye: Collins, Carlos; Luke Y
Albrighton; Sidwell; Delph; NRC/another
Delofonz and another

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Our best asset is our front pair, Villa can't defend. It could be perfect.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think we (Albion) will win at the first time of asking. 1-1 draw looks par. As long as Kuipers doesn't get silly!

Five in midfield and Forster on the bench ???

I personally would be very very dissapointed if we didnt play Forster and Murray.

Yoda

English & European
Back to last nights game. Did anyone else hear Big Sam's whinging after the game about two of the Villa goals? Is it me or is he getting WORSE than Sir Alex? (If that's possible).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Villa Tactics

I personally would be very very dissapointed if we didnt play Forster and Murray.

I tend to agree. But Poyet needs to outwit Mc Neill at least for the first 20 minutes (like Blackburn did). Villa are set up up for 4-3-3. This works if you have better players. To counteract play five in midfield and don't get a player sent off or else it all goes awry!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Forster and Murray will definitely play, it's out best asset. With Villa likely to play a back four and goalie who have not played together that often there is a good chance that our duo could catch them out particularly in the first 20 minutes.

Back to last nights game. Did anyone else hear Big Sam's whinging after the game about two of the Villa goals? Is it me or is he getting WORSE than Sir Alex? (If that's possible).

I did, and found it particularly sickening. No mention of how badly they defended, no mention of the idiocy of Samba in attempting to make a tackle as the last man from the wrong side and with his weaker foot, no mention of the penalty that Agbonlahor wasn't given in the first leg, just a moan about the referee. Until the FA get serious about actually punishing people that slag off refs, it's what Allardyce and many other managers will continue to do. At the moment it's a free shot; you don't want to criticise your own players for fear of demoralising them, you don't want to sing the praises of the opposition for fear of inspiring them so instead you take a pop at the ref. Worst case scenario you get a slap on the wrist and a small fine, best case scenario when the same ref is in charge of your next game he gives you the rub of the green because he's worried about upsetting you again.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No chance. You will face: Guvan.
Beye: Collins, Carlos; Luke Y
Albrighton; Sidwell; Delph; NRC/another
Delofonz and another

:clap2:

If we do, Villa will be thrown out of the cup and we'll be in the fifth round. No way you're allowed to change your team that much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here