Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming wages were reasonable, would YOU bring Bobby Zamora back?

Assuming wages were reasonable, would YOU bring Bobby Zamora back?

• Yes I would

Votes: 193 75.4%
  • No I wouldn't

Votes: 63 24.6%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even though most of us feel we are crying out for strikers I'd still be surprised if more than 1 came in (and that would be at the expense of one leaving I suspect) and I don't think it will be BZ.

With 3 strikers on our books and the manager's preference in seemingly only ever wanting to play one up front, I wouldn't be surprised if he just rotated between O'Grady and Baldock and tried to get the midfield 5 to contribute more.

I'd love to see at least a couple come in but suspect many of us will be disappointed. Just a gut feeling.
There's now a CMS sized gap in the squad for a 'statement' striker.
After last season's loan striker desperation, 3 strikers clearly isn't enough.

So that's 3 new faces of various age, wage and ability before even contemplating whether O'Grady stays or goes.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
don't taint the legend

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I just have this feeling that this is going to happen. YES from me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
don't taint the legend
Could enhance it though? I only saw him play once on telly last season - I think it was QPR's home game with Livepool - and he looked class. I'd really be excited if we were to be able to get him for a season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Does Mr Hughton get a say in all this.....

D

Deleted member 2719

Its not the same Bobby Z

Your right he has much more experience now 😀 Come on Rookie we need him back leading the line as Hughton and Calderwood only know how to defend they are clueless in how to score goals or create goals.
Bobby Zamora's got to be that man.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Your right he has much more experience now 😀 Come on Rookie we need him back leading the line as Hughton and Calderwood only know how to defend they are clueless in how to score goals or create goals.
Bobby Zamora's got to be that man.

I agree about hughton, but take away the Zamora name and look at his recent record. If it was any other player of the same age with the same recent record would you still want him back?
He will always be a legend here and is a top bloke, but I'm worried that he can never live up to the expectations that would be placed upon him eere he to come back.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes for one season, with a fair salary plus bonuses triggered for games played, goals scored and end of season league position.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Could enhance it though? I only saw him play once on telly last season - I think it was QPR's home game with Livepool - and he looked class. I'd really be excited if we were to be able to get him for a season.

for me, these sorts of returns rarely go well. He is on the way down, the hunger has gone, wages will be too high but the legend is there in memory. I'm not keen on a return. I could be wrong though. I was once, back in 1992. :)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 08.57.19.png

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yes he's 34, but he knows how to score goals at the highest level. I say yes for this reason, and not based on sentiment - although that is also good!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No. He has to do what an NSC poll says; it's in his contract and is probably why Oscar and Gus quit on us.

I didn't realise! That explains a lot. It's all my fault, then..... along with everyone else on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here