Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming no new loan signings come in...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
if he was unwell he shouldnt have been in the squad or Dixon should have come on. Being unwell shouldnt mean you fall over in the box with no one near you???

He didn't know he was unwell until he was playing. He started feeling light headed during the game ie when he fell.
I'll spell it out - he is having tests for blood sugar, poss diabetes. He had very low blood sugar levels at the end of the game. It hadn't been picked up before (that was what I heard on the coach but ties in with what he said on Sunday) That's not fact but just what I have heard.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Stop shouting about a disgrace when the bloody thread title is shit sturring crap.

"Assuming no new loan signings come in...." - why assume that? Bullshit thread and an unnecessary over reaction by you to an event that has not happened.

Jesus.

You dozy twat - that isn't a shit-stirring thread title, unless you want to go out of your way looking for shit-stirring where none exists.

Wilkins is looking to get a loan signing in. I'm not making an assumption that we're not getting any loan signings in, I merely suggested people put who they thought the starting eleven might be should we not get any loan signings in by Saturday.

:thud:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Assuming no new loan signings come in.........we can probably write this season off as a transitional campaign.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Obviously the defence is going to be the main problem here. With Whing suspended and Richards and El Abd injured, the defence is the thing we primarily need to sort out imo.

I am very aware of the fact that Elphick and Lynch are playing well together in the centre of defence. Elphick inparticular has been fantastic in a central position this season. However.. We are going to have to shuffle the pack in terms of the back four in a damage limitation kind of way. Here is my choice...

Mayo (LB)
Elphick (RB)
Butters (CB)
Lynch (CB)

It's not ideal, and the team will have to work at it in training, but that way the only person we are moving out of position is Elphick and I have confidence in his ability to cover there.

What I have just said is all very well and good, but we NEED a few loans before Saturday. Otherwise we could be seeing our playoff chances go up in smoke?

I know it is hard to prise players away from clubs at this run-in stage of the season. But Dick Knight needs to step up to plate and sort this ASAP!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally we will finish at worst COMFORTABLY mid table.

With a bit of tweaking and one or two decent signings (Chelters Keeper and Westlake will do for starters) then its all about next season.

Thats GOOD PROGRESS from last season where we nearly went down.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You dozy twat - that isn't a shit-stirring thread title, unless you want to go out of your way looking for shit-stirring where none exists.

Bit harsh but probably fair. Was more a reaction to people who looked on it as an opportunity to rant and rave - not really aimed at you. Got out the wrong side this am - have got better during the day.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Personally we will finish at worst COMFORTABLY mid table.

With a bit of tweaking and one or two decent signings (Chelters Keeper and Westlake will do for starters) then its all about next season.

Thats GOOD PROGRESS from last season where we nearly went down.

Chelters = Cheltenham?

:O

You haven't seen him play much...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My reaction is entirely down to the stage of the season we're at. If we were in this situation in, say, December, I'd say just try and get through the next couple of games and wait for Whing and Richards to come back. But, we've got SEVEN games to go. We can't put out a joke defence for a couple and lose them, because if we do that's it, season over. We've actually got a bit of momentum at the right time, but we're in danger of losing it. We need a full-back and we need a midfielder. With those, we would have a decent chance of making the play-offs, and who knows, as the team in form we could win them. It's worth speculating to accumulate now. We'd only have to pay these loanees for 6 weeks, so they're not going to break the bank, and they might just get us up. That would increase crowds next season dramatically, and for that reason alone we've got to go for it. In my opinion, our current team can't cope with the loss of Whing, El Abd, and Richards, so do something about it NOW while we've still got a decent chance.

- Richards got injured on Saturday
- Whing got suspended on Saturday
- Mayo is the cover for Richards
- El Abd was probably the cover for Whing but got suspended last night.

Do you really think it's easy to get in quality cover at this level for the rest of the season given every other clubs ambition? Do you also think that it's possible to do this at the drop of a hat, factoring in a bank holiday on Friday? You also have to consider the financial restraints of the club and the busy playing/training schedule at the moment. All these injured players still get paid. Yes we can gamble, pay a Leicester player £6k a week or something on an outside gamble of the play offs, but you might just have to put up with a "DISGRACE" of a defence.

I'm sure everyone at the club is trying their hardest to bring in players but it's not f***ing Championship Manager you know.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
- Richards got injured on Saturday
- Whing got suspended on Saturday
- Mayo is the cover for Richards
- El Abd was probably the cover for Whing but got suspended last night.

Do you really think it's easy to get in quality cover at this level for the rest of the season given every other clubs ambition? Do you also think that it's possible to do this at the drop of a hat, factoring in a bank holiday on Friday? You also have to consider the financial restraints of the club and the busy playing/training schedule at the moment. All these injured players still get paid. Yes we can gamble, pay a Leicester player £6k a week or something on an outside gamble of the play offs, but you might just have to put up with a "DISGRACE" of a defence.

I'm sure everyone at the club is trying their hardest to bring in players but it's not f***ing Championship Manager you know.

'Disgrace' is his favourite word.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A pedant types - 9 games to go.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
DK needs to pull his finger out, and get these two loan signing in before Saturday. because if Hart and Mayo, play at left back and right back. We're seriously going to get raped by pace with any tricky winger.

Come on Kev, you know better than that. Mayo has had two good games on the trot and I've already said Hart is unwell on this thread.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Absolutely. I appreciate all of that. As I said, if this had happened in December I wouldn't even be talking about it. I just think we're in a very useful position, and it would be a shame to waste it all because we are too slow to act. My very point is that because those injuries/suspensions have JUST happened, we have been forced into an unfortunate situation that noone could have forseen. If this was earlier in the season we could make the best of what we've got, but our pig of a defence won't win points at Forest or Leeds next week, and for that reason alone we've got to do something about it now. My OTT reaction is not because I don't understand all the points you have made, but because with seven games to go we cannot afford to waste even one.

No. Your over reaction is because you are a poor man's Ernest.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Come on Kev, you know better than that. Mayo has had two good games on the trot and I've already said Hart is unwell on this thread.

Ok what happens if Hart recovers? Swindon do have two quick pacey wingers now, because they got them in January. Mayo is alot older, and has lost lot of pace. So he is going to tormented and raped on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here