D.R Congo
Poland
Norway
Iraq
Latvia
Iceland
Jamaica
Netherlands

I notice no Bulgarians or Rumanians on the list. Seems the government's England Is Utter Pants and Makes You Gay campaign is already under way and successful.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
94330_ori_emil_asmundsson.jpg

Definitely Icelandic!

According to t'internet, it's Emil Asmundsson, not Asmundssen :shrug:

Emil Ásmundsson from ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That will be correct, as almost all Icelandic men take their surname from their father's first name, followed by "son".

Hence Emil is the son of Asmund, and his own future children would become Emilsson or Emilsdottir.

Not quite.

His son would be Emilsson, but his daughter would take his wife's name - Elinsdottir, for example.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's so hard that he poses with his shirt while standing in front of a fiery inferno...

391355_10151378760593139_1356015766_n.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That will be correct, as almost all Icelandic men take their surname from their father's first name, followed by "son".

Hence Emil is the son of Asmund, and his own future children would become Emilsson or Emilsdottir.

Usually in an average year, there are only 2 interesting facts posted on NSC. I think it is a little early in the year to be posting the first, but thanks! :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5478336 said:
That's the only sizes they have left in the club shop!

Not a bad thing i guess, it means we dont have a high amount of large fans.

Actually it is a bad thing, there arent enough larger people being fans of the club attending the Amex and buying pies !!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I do worry about taking these players out of competitive football, like Adgestein we have basically removed them from the game and making their own way in the hope they may come good in later years.

I know he probably got paid peanuts for his previous team and played in front of crowds not too dissimilar to what he'll see playing or out DS but it does feel like a shame. Particularly in the case of young Bergkamp we brought him over here and he didn't even play for the DS we stunted his development for a year and a half when before he was happily going about playing in the Erredivise.I guess that practice is endemic throughout football though.

Amazing to think we have youth internationals in our DS team we would have been chuffed to have one in our first team not so long ago.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I do worry about taking these players out of competitive football, like Adgestein we have basically removed them from the game and making their own way in the hope they may come good in later years.

I know he probably got paid peanuts for his previous team and played in front of crowds not too dissimilar to what he'll see playing or out DS but it does feel like a shame. Particularly in the case of young Bergkamp we brought him over here and he didn't even play for the DS we stunted his development for a year and a half when before he was happily going about playing in the Erredivise.I guess that practice is endemic throughout football though.

Amazing to think we have you internationals in our DS team we would have been chuffed to have one in our first team not so long ago.

Totally agree with you. I really do not understand players jumping at the first club who wave at them in the right way. Stay where you are, play games and progress. Ok, our coaching set up will be better than theirs and maybe he will improve. But the game is littered with players who moved from a team they were playing in to a team they didn't, and then flopped badly. Agdestein being a wonderful example. What a waste.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What a lad!

Good to see we are upping the quality of DS !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here