Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
twat.png

:moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
SOME retweets are good though, because the person retweeting is just recycling an amusing QUIP or COMMENT they have received, in order to share it with the class. Therefore, I wouldn't switch off RT's.

However, the tedious MONGS who just want a RT from Michael Owen "because I've just had a lump removed and its my birthday and I'm your biggest fan" just want shooting. I mean what do they do, print it off and have it FRAMED ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
:lolol:

I agree with this thread.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Absolute cretin alert.

What is Twitter, how does it work, what is a tweet and re-tweet?

No joke, I really have not got the foggiest idea.

Basically it's a tool for people to post updates about their lives. (Short little sentences like 'Just going to Bobs for dinner' rather than huge essays.) You can choose to follow people and you get a long list of updates from all of the people you're following. A lot of people use twitter to read updates from celebs/footballers or other people who they're interested in as well as their mates.

When you tweet, you can mention another user in your tweet. Now if for example I got Stephen Fry to say something like 'Oi everyone, check out [MENTION=14113]tom[/MENTION], he's quality', I'd all of a sudden have god knows how many thousand people looking at my name and being able to click and follow me because lots of people follow him.

A retweet is when someone sends a message to Stephen Fry (for example) and he forwards it on to all of his followers. So I'd say something like 'Hey Stevy Boy, It's my birthday, how about a retweet!!'

If he retweeted that message, it would appear on every one of his followers feeds. So if you follow people you're genuinely interested in, you get your feed clogged up with various numpties asking for a retweet, it gets a bit annoying.

That help?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here