Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask Uncle Buck

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
The recent storms blew a telegraph pole onto my warehouse (its more of a lock up) causing damage and an electrical short circuit. This lead to a small fire and further damage of my property. When the fire brigade eventually turned up to put the fire out more damage was caused due to water damage.

Now, fire damage is insured under my insurance policy, but storm and water damage are not.

So, what are my insurers going to indemnify me for? All the damage; just the fire damage; the fire damage and subsequent water damages caused by the fire brigade; or none of it?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The recent storms blew a telegraph pole onto my warehouse (its more of a lock up) causing damage and an electrical short circuit. This lead to a small fire and further damage of my property. When the fire brigade eventually turned up to put the fire out more damage was caused due to water damage.

Now, fire damage is insured under my insurance policy, but storm and water damage are not.

So, what are my insurers going to indemnify me for? All the damage; just the fire damage; the fire damage and subsequent water damages caused by the fire brigade; or none of it?

Make sure the fire caused the damage.

Dandyman

In London village.
In order of preference - Stout, Kolsh, Port ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here