Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashton looking for big move

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dean Ashton is hopeful his performances for Crewe will earn him a move to The Premiership.

Ashton has caught the eye with his goalscoring exploits for Crewe, with reports suggesting he could be lured away from Gresty Road in January.

Crewe boss Dario Gradi is eager to keep hold of the 21-year-old at least until the end of the season, but a big offer from The Premiership could result in a January sale.

Ashton admits he is determined to test himself at the highest level, but says he will not lose his focus at Crewe.

"Although the boss wants to keep his best players, he accepts they will move on," said Ashton.

"I want to play at the highest level and be the best I can be.

"If I keep working hard here, hopefully that will come true."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he's already banged in enough goals to make Crewe safe for another season...

:(

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I reckon he will go to Everton, as he may want to stay around that area and they have about £10M to spend and want a forward.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Got all the attributes of an excellent striker, his partner Steve Jones ain't bad either, wouldn't be surprised if one or both moved on this winter.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gradi has put up with this for his own reasons for god knows how many years/decades at Crewe, and you do wonder why he remains there as I don't believe the concept of loyalty has existed in football since the days when you played for your home town professional club and didn't look or think to play elsewhere. He must sometimes wonder what he could have banked over the years (providing he was successful as a manager away from Crewe of course) from the game had he moved up the managerial pecking order.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Us and Tottenham are the main contenders apparently.

Come on son just imagine working with Dowie. You know you want to :lolol:

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
Cheeky Monkey said:
Gradi has put up with this for his own reasons for god knows how many years/decades at Crewe, and you do wonder why he remains there as I don't believe the concept of loyalty has existed in football since the days when you played for your home town professional club and didn't look or think to play elsewhere. He must sometimes wonder what he could have banked over the years (providing he was successful as a manager away from Crewe of course) from the game had he moved up the managerial pecking order.

He does get 10% of all transfer deals.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
eagles #1 said:
Us and Tottenham are the main contenders apparently.

Come on son just imagine working with Dowie. You know you want to :lolol:
You!? :lolol: He wants a big move, not straight back to The Championship.
I've heard Everton, Spurs, Birmingham, Aston Villa, Blackburn etc etc :p

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gradi has a very tolerant board at Gresty Road, who turn a blind eye to some of the things he does in his spare time that another club might not be so keen on???

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
El Presidente said:
Gradi has a very tolerant board at Gresty Road, who turn a blind eye to some of the things he does in his spare time that another club might not be so keen on???

Crewe were actually investigated a few years ago when a coach got done for the activities you mention. Gradi was found to be completely innocent in everything. After all this time if he really was a kiddy fiddler something would have surfaced in the media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here