Votes: 61 66.3%
  • Out

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Last season people were suggesting Gus needed a new keeper long before Gus seemed to notice himself.

So the good people of NSC are an oracle of footballing knowledge that know more about their team than the manager.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sound good to me,... what a nice man you are EP

See you under the pier after the match Saturday as usual xx

- - - Updated - - -

Last season people were suggesting Gus needed a new keeper long before Gus seemed to notice himself. They were correct but got shot down for daring to say Gus was wrong.

Really? Can you back this up with hard evidence?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I understand why you question him, but his goal and assist against Arsenal shows he has talent. Yes he can also be a disappointment, no question, but the bile he receives in my opinion is not justified

The bile is only from a few whingers.

Most respect the contribution that Barnes provides in most games he plays in, bearing in mind also his youth and low cost to the club.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
So the good people of NSC are an oracle of footballing knowledge that know more about their team than the manager.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

From day 1 of last season people said the goalkeeping situation was a problem. They were shot down by the happy clappers. Took Gus a whole season to act on it. Admittedly he exceeded my expectations with who he brought in, maybe that's why it took him a year to act? At the time it seemed like Gus was backing casper and brez when I thought Harper was the best for us during that season.

- - - Updated - - -

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

From day 1 of last season people said the goalkeeping situation was a problem. They were shot down by the happy clappers. Took Gus a whole season to act on it. Admittedly he exceeded my expectations with who he brought in, maybe that's why it took him a year to act? At the time it seemed like Gus was backing casper and brez when I thought Harper was the best for is during that season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He has to be back in the starting line up. No matter what anyone says he links up well with Ulloa and is a good player when playing in his favorite position.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I was over the moon with a three match ban. 7 points in 3 games!

I agree with this. Gus is forced to not play Barnes and we pick up 7 points from 3 games against the teams in the top eight. If it wasn't for Hoskins and CMS being injured, I wouldn't even have Barnes on the bench on Saturday.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
We just beat the league leaders 2-0. Same team with exeption of hammond in bridcutt role and dicker in midfield

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Shut up, that's a tired old fallback for you Barnes devotees..... Let's have some real world reasons for your love of him, not that tripe every time.

He scores goals, helps other people score goals and tackles. Apart from that he does bugger all...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He has to be back in the starting line up. No matter what anyone says he links up well with Ulloa and is a good player when playing in his favorite position.

Recent form says other options are preferable...... Just how many games have you seen them together to come to that conclusion.

You would be mad to change the team who beat the league leaders..... unless through injury or suspension.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I've said "out" because I believe he needs to earn his place back, but it depends. He needs work to get back in but if our tactics require more protection for the back four (Bridcutt being suspended, Hammond potentially injured), or Buckley not fully fit he may well get back in. He'll also likely be fully fit and rested.

Personally, I am really excited by the Barnes, Vicente, Ulloa "Axis of Joy" coming into the picture.

Camicus

As Gus said and Im paraphrasing here "if you cant see what Barnes brings to the team you know f*** all about football" or words to the effect. The constant whining about him and Murry leaving and Gus makes me want to weep ffs we are 7th in the championship not bottom of the conferance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Barnes might be brought back in, as part of a major change up front as I thought Buckley looked like he needs a rest and I'm not sure CMS is going to be ready to step in.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
After costing us the match at Sheffield Wednesday with his stupidity, I'll be very disappointed if he went straight back into the team. He's also a red card waiting to happen against a team like Burnley who will just come and kick us all over the place.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think Barnes might be brought back in, as part of a major change up front as I thought Buckley looked like he needs a rest and I'm not sure CMS is going to be ready to step in.

I agree. Buckley looked totally shattered last night with 20 minutes to go. I thought LuaLua should have come on but with injuries forcing substitutions, we probably didn't have that option. In for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here