Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think it is probably wise to wait and see. I don't think we would bring him in without some real belief that he can do something. We could just as easily recall one of many who are out on loan if it were just about dealing with an injury if one cames along.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Plymouth Argyle | Team | Profiles | Ashley Barnes

It seems that for the most part only young players are signed. This I agree with. I am fed up with the older players just picking up the pay packet and the temporary loan signings. You cannot build a side with loan signings (Reserve team practice for Premier clubs).

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Ashley Barnes will prove to be a great signing for Gus and the Albion. I've seen him play and the boy's got talent.:clap:

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
don't remember many people saying that they had heard of Bobby Zamora when he joined on loan from Bristol Rovers

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Ashley barnes signed on loan from Plymouth

Good news - Austrian International how flair is that[11]

An Austrian playing for Brighton? I think it's bloody brilliant.:)

Mind you, flair is not a word I would associate with many Austrian footballers!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
its an interesting move, Gus has done well to take some mediocre players and get them playing well, but im not too sure what Gus sees in this guy...

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
he is at best Holroyds back up, if Dickinson comes back i would say he's fourth choice. Is Dickinson due back soon?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
he is at best Holroyds back up, if Dickinson comes back i would say he's fourth choice. Is Dickinson due back soon?

Dickinson wont be back, he is essentially back up yes, don't think this is with an eye to the summer, but you enevr know, if he bangs a few in.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It'll be interesting to see him and Holroyd play together - their playing styles appear - on the info available - to be very complementary and I could see them becoming a very handy strike unit

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
It'll be interesting to see him and Holroyd play together - their playing styles appear - on the info available - to be very complementary and I could see them becoming a very handy strike unit

One Problem with that - Murray. :wrong:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
One Problem with that - Murray. :wrong:

not a problem surely - in the long term 4-5-1 cannot be fully effective all of the time both home and away. You have to be able to change it depending on circumstances or other teams will very quickly learn to nullify our style by taking out or doubling up on the wide players. Changes in personnel from the bench or to suit specific tactics on a game by game basis are essential over the course of a season. Having different styles of target/holding players and someone able to play off the last man and attack the space beyond would give us very healthy options as we would be able to play it narrow from midfield as well as wide. The real key to mixing it up effectively is the decision maker in midfield and I am hoping that is where Hendrie might excel

That said I still think we will get in a headline striker for next season

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
That said I still think we will get in a headline striker for next season

Agree with everything else you put but i'd quickly bring up this point and say that I think we should try and get someone from Forest.

With Boyd looking like he might be moving there in the summer will they really need the following bunch of strikers.

Dexter Blackstock
Robert Earnshaw
Nathan Tyson
Dele Adebola
Joe Garner
David McGoldrick

Any of them would get 20 goals a season with the right service in this league. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here