Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Ashley barnes signed on loan from Plymouth

Good news - Austrian International how flair is that
Ashley Luke Barnes (born 30 October 1989, in Bath) is an English-born Austrian international footballer who plays as a striker for Plymouth Argyle of the Football League Championship.

Bad News - He joined League Two club Torquay United on loan until the end of the season in February 2010,[9][10] but returned a month later having made six appearances.[11]

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Just took a look at his stats. I would post them but it's not pretty. He had a good hit rate at Eastbourne Borough though. :laugh:

Anyway, good luck Barnesy. I'm sure Gus will get the best out of him.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Swapped an experienced striker for someone who had failed at a lower level

FLAIR :)

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
You know what makes this worse, is the fact that Leeds have just signed Sanchez Watt from Arsenal, i feel they just out flaired us :nono:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
have just been chatting to a good friend who travels to plymouth home games regularly. His view is he is a good player who when he made his debut kepti his place on merit and was preferred to Fallon. He appears well thought of by Argyle fans

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
have just been chatting to a good friend who travels to plymouth home games regularly. His view is he is a good player who when he made his debut kepti his place on merit and was preferred to Fallon. He appears well thought of by Argyle fans

also he had a spell injured which was behind the loaning out, to get match fit

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hopefully he'll turn out to be a good player, but are strikers the calibre of Barnes, Holroyd, Dickinson, Vine etc going to get us promoted next season?

(no)

westy

Jul 25, 2003
My mate at work supports Torquay and you dont want to know what he thinks of him. Lets just put it this way, he isn't optimistic of him setting league one on fire after they way he played a division below.

This better work Gus..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't this a case of Poyet believing we're safe, shippping out a high earner (who also doesn't feature in his plans for next season) and getting in a youngster to provide cover for what we already have.

That's my read, anyway.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Isn't this a case of Poyet believing we're safe, shippping out a high earner (who also doesn't feature in his plans for next season) and getting in a youngster to provide cover for what we already have.

That's my read, anyway.

yeah now you mention it! personally I think if we beat Tranmere staurday we're pretty much safe....ish!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
!!!!!!

That's my read, anyway.

exactly.....typical NSC response :lolol: the 2 players signed on loan today are cover for what we already have.......if we stick to 4 5 1 with Hendrie as an attacking midfielder behind Murray i dont think Forster would have hardly played anyway. If we go to 442 Holdroyd comes on in second half....sorted !!!!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Signed from a youtube video I believe.

[yt]Yl3nkbDRHEc[/yt]

...should fit in nicely.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I saw Ashley Barnes play his loan spell with Eastbourne Borough for the home games last season and he was superb, easily the best player on the pitch and a cut above the conference. He was really pacey, could score and his ability to turn players on a sixpence and push on was great to watch. Not surprised Torquay asked him to go on loan cos he ran rings round them at boro. He definitely gives 110% too.

I suspect he`s not fit only being played as sub most the time and he still has a lot to prove for us in our league, but I for one am really pleased with the signing, I just told my Eastbourne Borough mates and theyre sick they couldnt get him back and really pleased for us.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I have every confidence in Gus and any signings he makes, after all he has slightly more experience in football then I will ever have. He knows what we wants now and the qualities he is after. I know we all think we know best, but sometimes just sometimes we are all proved wrong (but not on too many occasions)

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I have every confidence in Gus and any signings he makes, after all he has slightly more experience in football then I will ever have. He knows what we wants now and the qualities he is after. I know we all think we know best, but sometimes just sometimes we are all proved wrong (but not on too many occasions)

Well lets all pray that Murray stays fit cos if he doesn't....we are relying on two novices at this level.
As far as I'm concerned, it borders on plain irresponsibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here