Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - thick as shit

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
What's the one thing you don't do after ten minutes when your team is already down to ten men? I'd say it's lunge in with your studs showing on the halfway line. Total moron. The brilliance of Gus will always be in question while this f***ing idiot is being selected. Get rid.

You really are a dick. Having a picture of a topless gary barlow as your avatar just proves that

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like Barnes, but I've seen it on SSN, and I think he went over the top with no intention of getting the ball.

Probably wound up by the first red. Unprofessional and handed us 0 points. With 10 men we had a chance at home.

Despite the incredible heroics of the remaining 9 + Buckley. I'd rate them all 9/10, with the back 4 at 10/10 each.

But I would like to look at it on BBC iPlayer to see if the Burnley player was uncontrolled or reckless also.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i cant believe anyone things that barnes was the one wronged here......ashley was stupid straight away i said barnes is off here and i have just seen it on the tv and havent changed my mind 1 bit ! not sure the burnley player should be grabbing him round the throat is another matter

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
What's the one thing you don't do after ten minutes when your team is already down to ten men? I'd say it's lunge in with your studs showing on the halfway line. Total moron. The brilliance of Gus will always be in question while this f***ing idiot is being selected. Get rid.

You are a prick. Go away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The complete Badger....more like Complete Tosser....Both players showed studs,if one goes so should the other.I always thought Prosser was the worst ref ever...but this guy comes very close. Thought the fans were excellent today and the players left played a blinding defending game.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am genuinely stunned so many of you are sticking up for him. It's the tenth minute, we're already down to ten men which is obviously a DISASTER in itself, and he goes and does that. It's at best totally irresponsible. As for the people saying you think the Burnley player should have gone, I would suggest you check the laws of the game. You cannot be sent off for reacting angrily to some dogshit country bumpkin diving two-footed at your shins. I am absolutely gobsmacked that anybody could be stupid enough to do what he did today. As the other nine battlers showed, we could have had a chance with ten men, but nine is just ridiculous for that long.

I usually think you talk utter shit but on this one I cant help but agree. Barnes was mental for even contemplating that challenge!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Love it TCB keep calling it as you (rightly) see it!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

So now we've all seen it on the tellybox, are you prepared to retract that ridiculous post and admit you're wrong on this one?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I usually think you talk utter shit but on this one I cant help but agree. Barnes was mental for even contemplating that challenge!

What? trying to aviod getting clattered / injured by the Burnley player's reckless (and potentially dangerous) challenge after going for a 50-50 ball. Had the Burnley player not gone in studs up and high whilst flying in with both feet off the deck (which is a red card and 1st offense) Barnes wouldn't have gone off. If he didn't get done for the challenge, Why didn't their player get done for grabbing him whilst he was on the deck too? Their player didn't even get booked and should have been off instead!

Even the Football league commentator was surprised that the red card was shown to Barnes !

Those blaming Barnes should watch the Burnley player who goes into the challenge for the whole passage of play rather than from when Barnes had jumped up to avoid his studs

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Having seen it I thought Barnes jumped straight up in the air to avoid the challenge coming in. As he lacks the power of levitation he has no option but to come down on the player. I can see why the referee could view it as a red but if he sends Barnes off he has to send the Burnley player as well for the tackle and reaction. Both were equally punishable which would seem to apply to the Vincelot situation as well which some have said was a 50/50 tussle between 2 players

I did not think we were any less disciplined than Burnley today yet have finished the game two players lighter and the same number of bookings.

Away from the sending off he got so much wrong and not just for us. When AEA back heeled the ball out of play he gave us a corner when he was 4 yards from the incident!!!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Your the moron mate:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here