Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes One-on-One from BBC

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Tell you what, can we just keep buying players? The competition seems to be doing wonders for the squad. Since Greer was bought in Elphick & El-Abd have both stepped up their game to levels of consistency I'm not sure we've seen before. Since Sandaza was bought in Barnes has also stepped up his game with 2 goals in 2 games, creating a hatfull of other chances in the process. Since Brezovan has returned from injury Ankergren has looked steadier. LuaLua's arrival may have impacted on Baz - who according to Gus in this morning's Argus has been 'outstanding in training' and is pushing for a start tomorrow night. I'm not sure we've had anything quite like it in recent years.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Tell you what, can we just keep buying players? The competition seems to be doing wonders for the squad. Since Greer was bought in Elphick & El-Abd have both stepped up their game to levels of consistency I'm not sure we've seen before. Since Sandaza was bought in Barnes has also stepped up his game with 2 goals in 2 games, creating a hatfull of other chances in the process. Since Brezovan has returned from injury Ankergren has looked steadier. LuaLua's arrival may have impacted on Baz - who according to Gus in this morning's Argus has been 'outstanding in training' and is pushing for a start tomorrow night. I'm not sure we've had anything quite like it in recent years.

You know what, he's got a point there!

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Tell you what, can we just keep buying players? The competition seems to be doing wonders for the squad. Since Greer was bought in Elphick & El-Abd have both stepped up their game to levels of consistency I'm not sure we've seen before. Since Sandaza was bought in Barnes has also stepped up his game with 2 goals in 2 games, creating a hatfull of other chances in the process. Since Brezovan has returned from injury Ankergren has looked steadier. LuaLua's arrival may have impacted on Baz - who according to the Gus in this morning's argus has been 'outstanding in training' and is pushing for a start tomorrow night. I'm not sure we've had anything quite like it in recent years.

Completely agree. Players on the bench are finding it very hard to get in, but when they do, surely they will play well as they will be fighting to keep their place. We have a great squad. :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

There's a lot of truth in this :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I saw a statistic once that said only about 1 in 3 one-on-ones are converted.
Most fans seem to think you should always score but this has never been the case.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
For Chrissake, he didn't miss a sitter, he had a very good opportunity which was well saved by the keeper - somewhat different in my opinion. He has been scoring almost a goal every other game since he joined. As has been said, he is getting into scoring positions and his general play is improving with every match. I think our mythical 20+ goal a season striker has arrived.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just to clarify - no it isn't :thumbsup:

Here's why;

When he receives the ball , it is slightly behind him. He takes a touch which slows both him and the ball down and turns him slightly away from goal. The defender although not too far away is close enough to be with him if Ashley takes another touch.

One of the following is a one-on-one. Answers on a postcard as to which one it is.

Attachments

• one on one.jpg
    one on one.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 166
  • not one on one.jpg
    not one on one.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 148

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
They've missed out Barnes hitting the bar and a couple of lua lua shots. I understand that the BBC can only give a couple of minutes to each game, but why does that two minutes have to include 10 seconds of Gullys Girls every week?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It is now Monday.

The incident in question happened on Saturday.

There's already been lots of discussion on here about it.

Sandaza's goal thankfully made the incident irrelevent.

Some people really rate Barnes.
Some people think he's alright.
Some people don't rate him.

Conclusion: Who the f*** cares?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It is now Monday.

The incident in question happened on Saturday.

There's already been lots of discussion on here about it.

Sandaza's goal thankfully made the incident irrelevent.

Some people really rate Barnes.
Some people think he's alright.
Some people don't rate him.

Conclusion: Who the f*** cares?

you clearly otherwise you wouldn't have spent the time posting

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Sorry guys, but Barnes could have very easily had taken another touch. That still pic is decieving as by this time Barnes had set himself and shot. If he took another touch it would have been easy.

Oh well, we won. He'll learn.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
That nerdy looking twat withdean wanderer thinks he is a better finisher than Barnes. Maybe sign him up?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That nerdy looking twat withdean wanderer thinks he is a better finisher than Barnes. Maybe sign him up?

4 chances yesterday, 3 goals - Thus I am a a nerdy twat who is a better finisher than Ashley Barnes, FACT. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here