mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You Palace scum are always yapping
I'm gonna show you some serious rapping
I come from Austria, my name is Ash Barnes
When I do my thing the crowd go bananas
How's he doing the Brighton rap?
He's from Somerset and a very nice chap.
He gives us stick about the north/south divide
'cause we got the jobs
and we got the side
Well he came to brighton looking for fame
So come on Gus man, give us a game
'cause if I'm sat on the bench paying watching the blues
I'm very big down under, but my girlfriend disagrees
They've won the league, bigger stars than Dallas
They got more silver than Crystal Palace
No-one knows quite what to expect
When the Barnes machine's in full effect
Well Gordon Greet sure can rap
It's about time he had a Scotland cap
So come on Barnes, he's the man
'cause if anyone can, Barnsey can
Barnsey-can... Barnsey-can... Barnsey-can... Barnsey-can...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Gordon Greer needs a CHANT

To the Oh Balotelli song

Ooooooh Gordon Greer, he's our captain, he's fuckin class
He looks a bit like Take That's Howard Donald
He used to have nice hair, but now he's going bald

Ooooooh Gordon Greer, he's our captain, he's fuckin class
He looks a bit like Take That's Howard Donald
He used to have nice hair, but now he's going bald

:jester:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Agreed, however I think a chant for Barnes is a far higher priority, to show him that not everyone at the Amex is thick as pigshit.

The other players you list aren't viciously abused for making a single mistake after 35 minutes of playing well.

Very true. Would love to turn round and belt out an Ashley Barnes song to the twats behind that like to scream "GET 'IM OFF POYET, HE'S USELESS" every time he touches the ball.

Who suggested the Rihanna What's My Name song for Gordon Greer the other day - "Oh na na Gordon Greer, Oh na na Gordon Greer, Gordon Greer Gordon Greer" - would be brilliant

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
At Plymouth last season (they were giving him a load of shit) it was just "We've got Ashley Barnes, we've got Ashley Barnes, we've got Ashley, we've got Ashley, we've got Ashley Barnes" to the old Knees Up Mother Brown tune if you hadn't already worked that out.

I'd like to see the crowd get behind him a bit more. Who knows, perhaps it might even build his confidence and result in him becoming even better. Would the doubters like that, or would it annoy them and feel just too painful to actually support the lad?

The brillance of that was that it was followed by "You've got Peter Reid, You've got Peter Reid, You've got Peter, You've got Peter, You've got Peter Reid, Shit."

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
So anyone who doesn't agree with you is thick as pigshit!

Nice guy.

Can you PM me where you sit so I can avoid you please?
the people he's talking about (who certainly aren't 'nice guys'), who follow a herd who constantly & loudly enough for him to hear, slate Barnes - are thick as pigshit, yes. If you'd me to pm you, you can avoid me (or debate it with me) as well

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Gordon Greer, Gordon Greer, Gordon Gordon Greer, He's captain here, he's got no fear, Gordon Gordon Greer. ???

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
the people he's talking about (who certainly aren't 'nice guys'), who follow a herd who constantly & loudly enough for him to hear, slate Barnes - are thick as pigshit, yes. If you'd me to pm you, you can avoid me (or debate it with me) as well

He's not talking about people who shout loud enough for Ashley to hear is he? They'd have to shout pretty loudly from WSU. He's talking about people who he can hear.

There is also an assumption that anyone who doesn't rate him is following a herd. Why?

Can't they have their own opinion on the guy?

PS Before you make assumptions I don't particularly rate him but understand his job within the side so I don't slate him verbally. Sometimes I utter a groan but I suppose that makes me think as pigshit too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So anyone who doesn't agree with you is thick as pigshit!

Nice guy.

Can you PM me where you sit so I can avoid you please?

Yeah, I'm a much more horrible bloke than people who shout all sorts of swear words and vicious abuse at a 22 year old trying his hardest for the club?

Nice logic.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will be getting the Aye Aye Ashley Barnes song started tonight in the North, hopefully more people will join in this time..

Do it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
We will be getting the Aye Aye Ashley Barnes song started tonight in the North, hopefully more people will join in this time..

I am in the East - half way line - and not heard the North Stand sing this, you need to turn it up a bit. If I hear it tonight, my kids and I will join in. :thumbsup:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yeah, I'm a much more horrible bloke than people who shout all sorts of swear words and vicious abuse at a 22 year old trying his hardest for the club?

Nice logic.

I haven't made a comment about them or how your horribleness compares to theirs.

I made a comment about how I would try to avoid you if you believe that anyone who disagrees with you is thick as pigshit.

It wouldn't be much fun trying to have a sensible conversation with you if you just told me I was thick as pigshit everytime I disagreed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not convinced by the "Aye Aye" thing. Surely much too easy for the knobheads to hi-jack it by substituting the YEE-HAW for EYE-ORE...

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Ashley Barnes is magic he wear's a magic hat when he saw the championship he said I,m havin that. Oh Ashley Barnes Ahsley Ashley Ashley Ashley Barnes. You know the one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here