Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes needs a CHANT

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To show him the massive majority of Brighton fans with a brain are behind him.

Suggestions?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At Plymouth last season (they were giving him a load of shit) it was just "We've got Ashley Barnes, we've got Ashley Barnes, we've got Ashley, we've got Ashley, we've got Ashley Barnes" to the old Knees Up Mother Brown tune if you hadn't already worked that out.

I'd like to see the crowd get behind him a bit more. Who knows, perhaps it might even build his confidence and result in him becoming even better. Would the doubters like that, or would it annoy them and feel just too painful to actually support the lad?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
At Plymouth last season (they were giving him a load of shit) it was just "We've got Ashley Barnes, we've got Ashley Barnes, we've got Ashley, we've got Ashley, we've got Ashley Barnes" to the old Knees Up Mother Brown tune if you hadn't already worked that out.

I'd like to see the crowd get behind him a bit more. Who knows, perhaps it might even build his confidence and result in him becoming even better. Would the doubters like that, or would it annoy them and feel just too painful to actually support the lad?

You could change "we've got" to "SUPER" or similar, as well.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Singing Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haw), singing Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haw), singing Aye Aye Ashley, Aye Aye Ashley, Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haawwwww).
:thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Howsabout "He's here, he's there, he's every-f***ing-where, Ashley Barnes Ashley Barnes"....?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Singing Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haw), singing Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haw), singing Aye Aye Ashley, Aye Aye Ashley, Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haawwwww).
:thumbsup:

That would do for me :thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To "Here comes the Sun" by The Beatles.

He's Ashley Barnes, do do do do
He's Ashley Barnes (and I said)
He's alright , do do do do do

:facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That would do for me :thumbsup:

:clap:
It was sung a little bit at Doncaster, and constantly on the BHA Blues Away ([MENTION=17012]joker[/MENTION]) coach on the way back from Leeds. So long as you have someone with a booming voice for the yee-haw bits, it's fantastic. Doesn't quite rival the brilliance of... Adam El-Abd, do do do do do....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"We'll take more care of you... Ashley Barnes, Ashley Barnes"

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
How about the chant we directed at Carroll at Liverpool, either that or I'll not join in any song for him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gordon Greer needs a CHANT

As does Bridcutt, Calderon, Sparrow and many others!

Agreed, however I think a chant for Barnes is a far higher priority, to show him that not everyone at the Amex is thick as pigshit.

The other players you list aren't viciously abused for making a single mistake after 35 minutes of playing well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
which is already sung :thumbsup:

Well let's really try to get it sung at good volume tonight. Will have some serious problems in the area of WSU I sit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here