Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ashley barnes - hands off says mariner

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunno, maybe I'm easily shocked. 2billion just seems like a huge amount of money for someone to have amassed and kept quite. Particularly as he's not that old. He's obviously very, very wealthy but 2bn seems ridiculously wealthy.

I reckon it's more like 1bn.

What we do know of Bloom is that he IS a very successful, very shrewd businessman, so to chuck away more than 10% or so of his fortune would not look like the actions of a "shrewd businessman", would they?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've also heard from a chap I know that TB is seriously, seriously minted to a mindboggling scale.
He mentioned that the next mahoosive project on the agenda is a multi-million £ state-of-the-art training ground near Hickstead.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've also heard from a chap I know that TB is seriously, seriously minted to a mindboggling scale.
He mentioned that the next mahoosive project on the agenda is a multi-million £ state-of-the-art training ground near Hickstead.

Could he not rent/buy Withdean from the council and develope that as training ground

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could he not rent/buy Withdean from the council and develope that as training ground

No idea.
It could all be bollocks of course, but he hasn't really any reason to spin me a line, so I didn't dismiss it. Makes sense though, cos if we want to attract players and progress as a club, then the training facilities is something that also needs fairly urgent attention. It doesn't all begin and end with the stadium.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I seem to recall the Insider once saying they were going to use Withdean for reserve matches.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand

If we want to become a top end championship club we need a bigger training ground than Withdean. Look at Chelsea's new training ground they have something like 40 pitches with half of them having under soil heating.
Obviously we don't need that many pitches and not that many with under-soil heating but I feel we need perhaps about 5-8 pitches with 1 or 2 having under-soil heating to cope with the size of the squad and the harsh winter's

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we want to become a top end championship club we need a bigger training ground than Withdean. Look at Chelsea's new training ground they have something like 40 pitches with half of them having under soil heating.
Obviously we don't need that many pitches and not that many with under-soil heating but I feel we need perhaps about 5-8 pitches with 1 or 2 having under-soil heating to cope with the size of the squad and the harsh winter's

A work mate of my brothers has a son who plays for Chelsea U10s and he complained about the pitch and the facilities when they played against Palace U10s at Palace training ground. What is the world coming to at U10 we were grateful to have nets as well as posts.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

No where near big enough has only got 1 pitch. If we wish to progress a new state of the art training ground is a must.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A work mate of my brothers has a son who plays for Chelsea U10s and he complained about the pitch and the facilities when they played against Palace U10s at Palace training ground. What is the world coming to at U10 we were grateful to have nets as well as posts.

Because Chelsea's is amazing, they are seriously spoilt at Cobham.

This thread is quality, can't believe I've missed it until now. The Plymouth fan claiming that this season 'they were going for promotion to the Premiership' and that they are somehow a much superior team to us, despite being about to join our league. The realisation that Bloom may well be minted (I'd never really considered it before to be honest). The suggestion of Withdean (Withdean!) as a training ground. Classic.

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
Do you not think that all this development is a little premature. Then again if you want to attract the best players then you have to have the best facilities. Why doesn't he invest all his money into improving the playing squad.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think you've answered yourself SuperGreens, what decent player would want to come to a club playing at an athletics track for the forseeable future? The grounds was needed for us to ever move forward. I have heard that 10-20M has been made available for an acadamy, they just need to find an appropriate site.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Do you not think that all this development is a little premature. Then again if you want to attract the best players then you have to have the best facilities. Why doesn't he invest all his money into improving the playing squad.

SHIT, has no one considered this:dunce:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Argyle fan here in peace. Good luck getting Barnes I really don't see him leaving us, he has gone to you to get some first team experience and I thank you for giving him that. If we had stayed up then you may have had a chance of getting him, three of our current strikers look like leaving the club at the end of the season at the moment. Barnes is on form and I can see him being a player that we are not necessarily going to start week in week out, but is going to be an important player for us. We don't need to sell him and I truly believe that it is going to require a large offer to get him away from us, Barnes has said that he is enjoying it at you at the moment, however said he is '50/50' which basically means if there is an opportunity to play for Argyle then he will take it.

Yeah right!:amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here