Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ashley barnes - hands off says mariner

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't Barnes say a few weeks ago that nobody at Plymouth had bothered contacting him while he was here ?
He should tell them to POKE it. He wants a first class ticket for the Gus Bus.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
If ash wants to come here and gus wants him then i think will get him, he only has a year left on his contract, so either sell him 4 some money now, or lose him for no money next year!

I think it will all come down to what Barnes wants. He only has one year left on his contract, so if he wants to leave I suspect Plymouth will sell him this summer. If he doesn't, then it looks like he'll be leading their attack next summer. Would like to see him here but it's not the end of the world if we can't keep him.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It reads more like 'make me an offer' than hands off.

That is what I thought as I read it.

"Therefore, Barnes could find himself spearheading the Argyle attack at the start of next season — unless Brighton, or another club who have been keeping tabs on Barnes, try and buy the striker.

Mariner said: "It would have to be a very good offer to prise him away from us, because we don't want him (Barnes) to go."

Looks like an attempt to simply up the price to me.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I am sorry but it smacks of "right lets loan Ash Barnes out to Brighton he ain't that good..........oh shit we have been relegated....oh look Ash Barnes has scored 4 in 7 at Brighton we will have him for next season."

Also "I have not had much chance to work with Barnes" cause you keep loaning him out Paul. I am afraid that he will want to come to us in summer. We shall see.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Ashley, to a certain degree, seems to be enjoying himself up there (Brighton)."

Twat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
_46895250_sturrock_101209_mariner_pic_online.jpg
poyet595.jpg

Come on Barnsey, there's no decision to make really, is there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Plymouth know we have money available to sign players , they probably would have let him go for nothing to get him off their wage bill before the big money rumours started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here