I like Barnes UP FRONT

I do not like Barnes on the WING

He is a great FINISHER

He is not a great PASSER

Innit

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He does work hard, yeah, but he isn't a winger. I could work hard playing left wing but I should not be there ahead of Noone, LuaLua or Vicente.

If Noone or Lua Lua contributed anywhere near as much in terms of goals and workrate then maybe they would be there...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Admittedly only against a Ryman League side and in a possibly makeshift line-up to give everyone a game, but Barnes played central midfield today just behind the strikers. It could just be his best position if he is as adaptable and learns as quickly as he has everything else Gus has asked of him.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
<--- always has been my favourite player

i love barnsey

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I don't have anything against Barnes really, he is a grafter and chips in with goals. I would however like to see him played as a striker. I think he would be more effective than CMS with the type of way we play

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Difficult to do from the bench or sitting in the stands.

Exactly. Its about earning your place on the pitch. Barnes has consistently. Noone and Lua Lua have too but inconsistently. Therefore, Barnes starts, the other two don't.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
We would be mad not to offer him a new deal at end of the season, he's only 21? Has great potential and is great at what he does, knows where the back of the net is. Couple seasons time, if he carries
on progressing the way he has, he could easily be worth a couple million

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Fair point. He wasn't playing as a striker for large parts of the season. But if he's on the wing I would rather be watching LuaLua or Noone. I know Barnes' defensive qualitys are better than those two but his passing can be quite poor at times so we lose possession quite often because of him. Also his temperament is an embarrassment. Ok squad player at this level but I just get frustrated he seems to be an ever present. I don't like moaning about him but when people go on about how good he is and anybody that doesn't agree is an idiot and
doesn't understand football annoys me. Gus is great and I love him being our Manager but he doesn't get everything right all the time. At the start of last season people were backing his decision over Ankgreghan, people that disagreed were proved correct in the end.

Gus is great and I love him being our Manager but he doesn't get everything right all the time. At the start of last season people were backing his decision over Ankgreghan, people that disagreed were proved correct in the end.

Thankyou

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I would rather he had not played at all last season and Palace do the double over us.

Brilliant! When I first read it I mistook it for a Mr Burns posting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here