Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes detractors

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Will you now shut your fecking whinging about how he couldn't score in a brothel / hit a barn door / other lame cliches
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's just missed a good chance for his hattrick, so the moaning bastards will STILL have something to slag him off with tonight, don't you worry.

And penalties don't really count do they.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
He's just missed a good chance for his hattrick, so the moaning bastards will STILL have something to slag him off with tonight, don't you worry.

And penalties don't really count do they.

so we should be 4 up? Barnes out!! feckin useless!!!:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He creates SO many v=chances for himself - it's not to be over looked. Works his arse off too.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Pisses me off when people get on the lads back he's 21 today & has 6 goals for the season.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Given that we're top of the league, miles clear with an incredible goal difference, shouldn't excessive criticism of any individual be a banning offence? Or should we just console ourselves with the thought that the only person who looks like a twat in these circumstances is the person who posts the abuse?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The only person to really write him of is CB and he does it to everyone. Pretty sure the general consensus is that he could be great but isn't the finished product yet. I don't think that's changed really, but well done to the lad for his goals today,

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Given that we're top of the league, miles clear with an incredible goal difference, shouldn't excessive criticism of any individual be a banning offence? Or should we just console ourselves with the thought that the only person who looks like a twat in these circumstances is the person who posts the abuse?

Excessive criticism? What a load of wank, when a player fluffs as many chances as barnes did he DESERVES to be criticised, if he can build on todays much improved performance and start banging away some more of the chances he creates then i'll be delighted.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Excessive criticism? What a load of wank, when a player fluffs as many chances as barnes did he DESERVES to be criticised, if he can build on todays much improved performance and start banging away some more of the chances he creates then i'll be delighted.

I'm sure he'll be flattered to have your approval. Or maybe he'll just listen to those around him who know a lot more about football than any of us, and not give a toss about the opinion of someone who slags him off from the safety of their bedroom..

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDmCDAlkD2I

Wouldn't have this lad in my team, look at this miss. A player shouldn't be slagged off for missing a chance. The point is he's getting the right places to give himself a chance to score. Would you rather he was there with the opportunity to score, and putting away 1 in 3 or 1 in 4, or drifting about hopelessly never having a shot a la Craig Davies?

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[yt]lJBgN-0SvUI[/yt]

Wouldn't have this lad in my team, look at this miss. Or Tevez's against Sunderland a few weeks ago. A player shouldn't be slagged off for missing a chance. The point is he's getting the right places to give himself a chance to score. Would you rather he was there with the opportunity to score, and putting away 1 in 3 or 1 in 4, or drifting about hopelessly never having a shot a la Craig Davies?

Fixed

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think the issue is the nature of the criticism. Take for instance the twat who said THIS about him...

missed 2 clear cut open goals from 6 yards, the sort of thing your 10 year old son would put away with ease and both have gone sailing over the bar? Anything the lickers would like to say? If we lose from here questions have to be asked.

...and it then turns out that said twat was not even at the match and his 'expert' opinion was based on listening to the radio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here