Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes and Gully's Girls

Ashley Barnes and Gully's Girls: are you a fan or not?

• A great big fat 'yes' to both of these fine Albion institutions.

Votes: 192 80.0%
  • Barnes: yes, Girls: no

Votes: 34 14.2%
  • Barnes: no, Girls: yes

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • A miserablist 'no' to both

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The amount of stick thrown at people who have given time for the club is a source of constant bafflement to me.

I was helping on a Cubs weekend camp when it was seriously suggested by a parent I must be getting well paid (so was clearly only there for the money). I had the same suggestion managing my lads football team. Some people do not understand the concept of giving time. As I am sure you know well - best ignored. But baffling nonetheless.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think you'll find the half time game usually goes...

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes...

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.. for me. I really dont mind.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Think im picturing things, as its showing me that 119 people both like Ashley Barnes AND Gullys Girls - never comes across like that :(

Oh i voted yes to both - wouldnt be without them for the immediate future.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Yes to Barnes, no to Gully's Girls. I don't mean to face the wrath of 100 horny Albion fans, but I always thought cheerleaders belonged in college-league basketball / American football games. It's just a bit of a plastic feature that gives the other team reason to not take us seriously.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I want to see equality and have one line of gullys girls and one line of gullys guys when the players come out :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Think im picturing things, as its showing me that 119 people both like Ashley Barnes AND Gullys Girls - never comes across like that :(

I fully expected this poll would once again prove that the "NSC is full of moany negative wankers" bollocks trotted out by the usual suspects to be, in fact, bollocks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I fully expected this poll would once again prove that the "NSC is full of moany negative wankers" bollocks trotted out by the usual suspects to be, in fact, bollocks.

It also shows [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] that his 'majority feel the same way as him about Barnes' is completely wrong. He wouldn't post a poll when I challenged him, as he said that Barnes was still popular from the Ipswich game goals. 3 games later and Barnes is still in favour.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It also shows [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] that his 'majority feel the same way as him about Barnes' is completely wrong. He wouldn't post a poll when I challenged him, as he said that Barnes was still popular from the Ipswich game goals. 3 games later and Barnes is still in favour.

But it was also said by many people on that thread, that NSC polls are a waste of time and opinion on these type of things change with the weather.

A bit misleading your quote as well, considering he scored against Cardiff since then (while playing crap) and probably had his best game last Saturday for a while, albeit without scoring. No one answered the contract situation though did they smart arse?

Stop trying to make yourself look clever by saying you challenged me. If you wanted a poll, doing one yourself you lazy knob.

Maybe I should have posted a poll over Christmas and seen what the answer was. Also a bit tongue in cheek when you have a joint poll with Gullys Girls, but then I suppose anything to get your pointless point across.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But it was also said by many people on that thread, that NSC polls are a waste of time and opinion on these type of things change with the weather.

A bit misleading your quote as well, considering he scored against Cardiff since then (while playing crap) and probably had his best game last Saturday for a while, albeit without scoring. No one answered the contract situation though did they smart arse?

Timmy reported back from this week's press call, that Barnes is under contract until the end of NEXT season, so perhaps time to find another tenuous stick to shake?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Barnes - Top Goal Scorer
Gully's Girls - Light hearted entertainment to get the old codgers in WSU something to rub their knees over.
That's got nothing to do with Gully's Girls, that's just the effect of the stairs.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Timmy reported back from this week's press call, that Barnes is under contract until the end of NEXT season, so perhaps time to find another tenuous stick to shake?
Really thats something none of us knew then. That's good. Gives him another year to prove himself :smokin: Wonder why he hasn't got an extension yet then:cool::D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really thats something none of us knew then. That's good. Gives him another year to prove himself :smokin: Wonder why he hasn't got an extension yet then:cool::D

We only bought him the previous summer. Unlikely to have only been a one year deal. Even the nipper from Dorchester got 2 or 3.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
We only bought him the previous summer. Unlikely to have only been a one year deal. Even the nipper from Dorchester got 2 or 3.
Two years ago. I thought he was signed on a two year contract during the summer of 2010. I genuinly hope he goes on to prove all his doubters wrong. I really honestly do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two years ago. I thought he was signed on a two year contract during the summer of 2010. I genuinly hope he goes on to prove all his doubters wrong. I really honestly do.

He was and I posted the link on another thread. He is out of contract at the end of the season but here it is again just to show that Tim was wrong, unless Barnes had been given a contract extension that wasn't announced.
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Barnes is Back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here