Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashford (Kent) area supporters

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
If/when you go to an evening game at the Amex, what sort of time do you leave home and when do you get back.

As much as I would love to go to the evening games I think I'd be a little too pressed for time. I don't mind the getting home late but I'm not convinced I could get there in time (I work in Folkestone and don't finish until 5). It sounds like there might be plenty of time but when you take into account it's rush hour I'm not so convinced.

I usually go by train but don't think the trains home again afterwards are in my favour time wise.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think to to do this journey for an evening game you would need to either drive all or part of the way because of there not being the connections after the game. I would be extremely suprised if you could do the complete return journey by train.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I live in Ashford mate, and only way ya can get home midweek is by a mental journey really.

StationArrDepFacilities
Lewes 22:40SN

Gatwick Airport23:12
Train continues to London Victoria
StationArrDepFacilities
Gatwick Airport 23:23SN

Redhill23:36
Train continues to London Victoria
StationArrDepFacilities
Redhill 23:55SN

Tonbridge00:15
Train terminates at Tonbridge
StationArrDepFacilities
Tonbridge 00:21SE

Ashford International00:56
Train continues to Dover Priory

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
I live in Gravesend, but for the evening games I have to go from work in Gillingham. Trains aren't really an option (luckily enough I drive) but I usually leave at about 4 / half 4 ish, and am usually in the park and ride by half 5ish {dependant on the glorious M25 of course!) Even after the Sunderland game, I was home by midnight....but as you say, the trains become less viable that time of night...

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i live in folkestone - folkestone to park and ride at a23 via m20,m26 - hour and a half each way. I left at 16.30 for the sunderland game and was at the stadium an hour before kick off. After extra time I still got home before midnight.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Your best bet would be to drive to Polegate/Lewes and then train it, horrible road journey I know, and a bit tight time wise, but at least it would make getting home a bit easier.

Or as there seem to be some fellow supporters in the area see if you can meet up and share the fuel costs.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Saturday games are easy. Drive to Rye (I live in New Romney), get on the train and think nothing more of it (apart from being such an easy, stress free journey and cheaper than driving I have also just bought a railcard).

Weekday games I am thinking more along the lines of driving to Seaford (parents live there), and getting the train for the last bit of the journey. Hadn't really thought of Lewes (always thought of Seaford due to the family being there), what's the parking like in Lewes. I just need to convince myself that I have time to get to the ground. Added to the complication is that I'd like to take my son. I think he might be a little knackered for his next day at School and don't think he'd be too pleased if I said I'm going and he isn't.

Alternatively I could watch the next 2 games on TV, buy myself a pie and a hotdog for my son :D

First things first, I need to get a ticket(s) (non STH).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Plenty around Lewes FC after 6pm (free parking) - I am now going to stop making this suggestion as there will be fewer and fewer spaces availble for me!

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
I live in Maidstone and left the house for the Sunderland game at 6:15, got to the P&R at 7:35 and missed the first minute. I wouldn't recommend leaving it so close but driving down the A26 via Lewes seems a pretty good route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here