Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes to Ashes

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I'm loving it. Watching Life On Mars, I saw my childhood pass before by eyes. Watching Ashes To Ashes, I'm seeing my adolescence go by. I am disappointed by the soundtrack, however.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I prefer it to Life on Mars. We haven't got to put up with Simm getting exasperated with Hunt and wondering where he is, what he is doing etc etc. Instead, there is bit more humour, a bit more totty and a bit less psychobabble. I especially liked the A team shoot out last week. Just waiting for Airwolf and Knight Rider to turn up.

The soundtrack could be improved though. Especially the theme tune which is SHITE.

I agree that LOM| was a hard act to follow. A2A is not to the same standard yet but I am sure that I will grow to love it - wonder if it will get to a second series though?

...And as someone has pointed out, compared to the rest of the cack on TV (Torchwood excepted, although perhaps that is worthy of another thread) it is excellent.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I never really watched Life on Mars however Ashes 2 Ashes is bloody brilliant - just watched last nights one.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
LoM was brilliant & unique. Each episode had a dose of realism in the story and the detail was good.

A2A is played more for laughs. more The Professionals than the Sweeney. Would you really get a team of OB from manchester all transferred to London & running around with guns?

They also mentioned Bobby Moore & somebody said he was in Escape To Victory, but wasn't that film a good few years later?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They also mentioned Bobby Moore & somebody said he was in Escape To Victory, but wasn't that film a good few years later?

The film was released in 1981 so the history is correct

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for correcting me, must be my age!

I suppose it was because they had so many Ipswich youngsters in the film who were still playing many years later.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for correcting me, must be my age!

I suppose it was because they had so many Ipswich youngsters in the film who were still playing many years later.

And Stallone, the late Bobby Moore, Kazi Denya and Ossi Ardiles

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Thought Life on Mars was loads better, although this is still pretty good compared to much of the depressing dross on TV lately. Plus she looks really hot in those 80's outfits, makes watching it more than worthwhile :p

walked passed some 30@s somethings earlier going to an Ashes to Ashes partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I have quite liked it. Gene Hunt is a great character.

As said elsewhere, Torchwood is the show of the moment though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another superb episode I really do like this series and the backing tracks

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was liking her in that cat costume.
Oh yes. I was liking her in that cat costume.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
I am still looking out to see if they get any period detail wrong. Nothing specific so far - especially with the songs.

There is a whole thread on Digital Spy of anal retentives trying to out-clever each other by spotting the slightest mistake.

It appears the car isn't quite right - Quattro's were only availabe as right-hand drive from mid-82 onwards, prior to that they were imported left-hand drive models. And the only reason anyone has picked up on this is because Phil Glennister said so himself in many of the interviews leading up to the series. It was a choice between him driving an incorrect Quattro or an MG Metro...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here