Chicken World
Marvellous stuff.

DRAMA: Ashes To Ashes
Channel: BBC 1 South 101
Date: Thursday 7th February 2008
Time: 21:00 to 22:00
Duration: 1 hour.
Deja Vue. Series 1, episode 1.
Drama series following the exploits of old-school detective Gene Hunt from the drama series Life on Mars. DI Alex Drake is shot and lands in 1981, coming face-to-face with Gene Hunt, the relic of old-fashioned policing she had read about in Sam Tyler's reports. Thinking that she is in a coma, Alex demands Hunt's help in tracking down the man who shot her in 2008.
Starring: Philip Glenister, Keeley Hawes, Dean Andrews, Marshall Lancaster, Montserrat Lombard, Adam James
(New Series, Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, 2008)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should be good but what will the 90s version be called as it was not a prolific time for Bowie

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's the 60s version next.

The Laughing Gnome

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Life's too short to waste it watching that crap :) ...Now Banged Up Abroad at 10pm (something about actual, real life!) looks worth a watch.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Blimey, takes me back...summer of 81, Botham's ashes, Royal Wedding, The Clash blaring, ah care free mortgage free happy days...

Excellent, loved it, great reinactment of some classic and obscure pop video's and from someone who lives in East London and works in the regeneration of the lower lea and docklands areas, I was able to spot the building and area for the programme. Great

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
HMMM dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it and life on mars was the best thing on tv for years BUT i dont think they needed to play the whole 'time traveller' aspect again. I thought that it was going to be a spin off featuring the character of gene hunt in the 80's. lets face it the character is strong enough to carry it.

Keeley Hawes is lovely but they are just replaying exactly the same story but with a bird in the lead character.

More gene hunt please

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
HMMM dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it and life on mars was the best thing on tv for years BUT i dont think they needed to play the whole 'time traveller' aspect again. I thought that it was going to be a spin off featuring the character of gene hunt in the 80's. lets face it the character is strong enough to carry it.

Keeley Hawes is lovely but they are just replaying exactly the same story but with a bird in the lead character.

More gene hunt please

Yep, would agree with that.

aye we wondered how much mileage that "i am from another time "role could have before the audience gets bored

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

More gene hunt please

Thought it was "OK" - nothing more.
Are they playing it for laughs this time round though ?
I thought the first series was better but I suppose the opening episode has to set the scene. i will reserve judgement till i have seen a couple

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The machine gun scene was like the A-Team, nobody got hurt! Not bad though but i don't think it is going to be as good as life on mars. She is very nice tho!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I quite liked it and I think they can just about get away with running a story for a couple of series a with FIT BIRD as the lead.

But I do hope they stop the whole concept after that, otherwise it'll be overkill. There seems to have been a nice attention to detail and the choice of music last night was absolutely top drawer.

7.9/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here