Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes jokes

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
German prisoner of war camp in 1942, the commandant turned to the Englishman, Australian and the Jew and said "today gentleman we will play cricket. Pointing to the Englishman "You will Captain England" Pointing to the Australian "you will captain Australia"
The Jewish fellow looking a bit perplexed enquired what part he would be playing. The commandant replied "You will be the Ashes"

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
On our way back from Exeter on Monday, driving down that stretch of the a27 that is only a couple of miles from Ford Prison, it did occur to me that an enterprising coach company could start running trips there for UK based Aussie expats. Not for the usual cliche convict-related reasons, but simply so that they could get a glimpse of the ashes.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
What's the definition of an eternal optimist:- An Aussie batsman wearing sunscreen

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
These are just old English jokes, and i love it!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Aussie skipper Michael Clarker has quit T20 cricket as he wants to shorter innings for Australia, such as Test matches.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Talking of jokes, here is a list written pre first test of why England won't win the Ashes as per the Australian Telegraph.

10 reasons Poms WONT win | The Daily Telegraph

3 No top speedster

Jimmy Anderson, Stuart Broad and Steve Finn are respectable quicks. But they lack the fear factor. Every truly great attack has someone pushing 150km/h, like Mitchell Johnson does for Australia. None of the touring fast bowlers are frightening. Away from swing and seam-friendly England, that doesn't leave them with much.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Talking of jokes, here is a list written pre first test of why England won't win the Ashes as per the Australian Telegraph.

10 reasons Poms WONT win | The Daily Telegraph
Haha, that is priceless. I think this is my favourite bit of the article:

3 No top speedster

Jimmy Anderson, Stuart Broad and Steve Finn are respectable quicks. But they lack the fear factor. Every truly great attack has someone pushing 150km/h, like Mitchell Johnson does for Australia.

Edit: beaten to it! lol

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
my favourite...

8 Chokers

This is England we're talking about. Losing is a tradition. Think soccer World Cups. Think Tim Henman at Wimbledon. Think every cricket tour of Australia since 1986-87. They always arrive talking themselves up, vowing they won't wilt under the heat and pressure and scrutiny, then wilt under the heat and pressure and scrutiny. They've hired a self-described Yips Doctor - because they need one.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
7. Depth

In such a cramped schedule, injuries are bound to hit both camps. England are in serious strife if they lose any of their first XI. There's a vast gulf between their top-tier players and those on the standby list. Australia can only hope and pray that off-spinner Monty Panesar is called in for Graeme Swann. Australia have eight Test-standard speedsters in the queue.

Not only did we use more than our first XI (in the case of Broad not out of choice) and rip them apart, but the comment about their line-up of bowlers is priceless. Maybe this is why they kept changing their attack.....

:lol: :lol:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One of the comments on this, presumably by an Aussie (he's from Sydney, anyway) really amused me:

"Im sure this reporter could put spin on, how Australia A are trying to wear England out by letting them bat so long".

Nice one, cobber!

No depth

In such a cramped schedule, injuries are bound to hit both camps. England are in serious strife if they lose any of their first XI. There's a vast gulf between their top-tier players and those on the standby list. Australia can only hope and pray that off-spinner Monty Panesar is called in for Graeme Swann. Australia have eight Test-standard speedsters in the queue.

That is SHOCKING. :lolol:

Panesar is a slow left arm bowler. He can't be an off spinner because of being a left arm spinner

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here