Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes Cricket 2009

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Anyone else got it on order? And cant wait for it to come through tomorrow? I am geekily exited all the reviews are amazing. I am getting the wii version! Bring it on Ponting!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Saw a trailer for it the other day in the adverts when the Ashes highlights were on - looks good.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I've got mine on order for the xbox, got it for £21 as the place I brought it from messed up the price!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone else got it on order? And cant wait for it to come through tomorrow? I am geekily exited all the reviews are amazing. I am getting the wii version! Bring it on Ponting!

Have you read good Wii reviews? I've only seen a couple but they both said it was rubbish. Really hope it's good though. Have only been waiting 2 years for it...

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Played the Demo. The Players look nothing like they should and the Game play is muddled-given the high level of anticipation here I hope it was just a duff demo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope the Wii version is better than the 360's - played the demo and the graphics are about 4 years out of date, gameplay is awkward as well, not much of an improvement from Brian Lara Cricket.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I hope the Wii version is better than the 360's - played the demo and the graphics are about 4 years out of date, gameplay is awkward as well, not much of an improvement from Brian Lara Cricket.

The Wii version has been made by a different developer to the PC/eggbox/PS3 versions.

Yes, just been playing it for the past hour or so. It's okay. I suppose I had unrealistic expectations.

Graphics are VERY similar to the last Brian Lara games, and the players look almost identical (i.e. generally nothing like their real life counterparts). The bowling is good and works pretty well, but the batting is a bit of a let down. As in previous Brian Lara games you select where you want to play the shot first, and then simply swing the remote (read in previous games clicking a button); doesn't matter whether you play a straight drive or an uppercut, the ball goes wherever you've pre-aimed.

Gameplay is also not perfect; was supposedly caught on the boundary when the graphic showed the player simply stopping the ball (because to catch it he would have had a foot over the rope), and there are other (relatively) small foibles. AI tactics are very much in one day mode, which is annoying given that it's sold as an Ashes game; bowlers are rotated strangely (in a Test match Lee opened, then Johnson, at which point I was 11-2 and they bought on some random 3rd quick instead of keeping with Lee) and the limited field settings mean that in some cases the AI quickly switches between very attacking and very defensive fields.

Overall, it's a reasonable game, but could have been so much more.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Just ordered it online. Looking forward to it, If its anything like the last brian Lara game, then it will be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here